Walcott gives injury update, hails Sanchez capture

Theo Walcott says the recovery from his knee injury is going very well and the England man has taken time to laud the signing of Alexis Sanchez.

Speaking to the official site, Walcott spoke about how his rehab for the cruciate knee injury, picked up against Sp*rs in the FA Cup was going.

“The knee is going really well,” he said. “I am doing some good stuff with the physios and fitness coaches and we have worked really hard throughout the summer.

“Things are looking really good and I have worked very hard for the last five months now. The most important thing is getting the strength back and it has pretty much nearly healed – it is just about building up that stability and strength again.

“It is coming along nicely and I am really pleased.”

Although no firm date has been put on his comeback, it’s believed he could play in late September/early October, providing he doesn’t suffer any setbacks.

Theo also hailed the signing of Alexis Sanchez, saying that opposition defences will be scared of the dual threat the two will pose when they finally play together.

“With me and him on the flanks, a lot of teams won’t be looking forward to playing Arsenal this year!”, he said.

“There’s a great buzz around the club at the moment. He is a marquee signing and something that the club has pushed on to: first you had Ozil and now it’s Sanchez. Who knows where it is going to stop?”

We here at Arseblog News don’t know the exact answer to that question, but it’ll be somewhere. That’s just how it goes.

me
me

Khedira done, Reus next. Blimey

eternalflamini
eternalflamini
Reply to  me

but we’ve missed out on M’Vila again. Wenger out.

BillyBatts
BillyBatts
Reply to  eternalflamini

Can’t believe we’ve overlooked Sebastian Frey AGAIN for the goalkeeper position. #wengerout

Julio Baptista's humble alter ego
Julio Baptista's humble alter ego
Reply to  BillyBatts

and Chris Samba. That Mertesacker is too slow and Koscielny can’t defend for nuts. Wenger Out

remember the invincibles
remember the invincibles
Reply to  BillyBatts

lets get Almunia back at last #Wengerout

captain_optimism
captain_optimism
Reply to  BillyBatts

Sanchez and Khedira out as well, while we’re at it

***NB*** SARCASM ALERT ***NB***

Seduce me, Arsene
Seduce me, Arsene
Reply to  BillyBatts

Still languishing on Gourcuff, we were supposed to have that wrapped up. #wengerout

Lasagna
Lasagna
Reply to  eternalflamini

But what about Kalou?! Wenger cant miss Kalou again?!

mavericks
mavericks
Reply to  eternalflamini

Dont forget Joe Cole and Samba 😉
oh and what Shane long?

Springbank 1965
Springbank 1965
Reply to  mavericks

Remember 2010 when rather-too-many people were clamouring for Wenger to sign Joe Cole on a free. The Metro even reported we’d done a three-year deal – quoting (Harry) Redknapp that it was a great piece of business.

But instead he went to Liverpool where Gerrard announced that Cole was as good, if not better, than Messi.

Oh, how time flies. Yet some things stay the same.

Miranda
Miranda
Reply to  me

There’s a sort of hint that the Germans think Khedira is done. I’m ashamed to say I’ve just wasted half an hour watching live coverage on Deutsche Welle of the celebrations at the Brandenburg Tor. First four players called on to the platform: Merte, Poldi, Oezil and Khedira, all arm in arm.

Nice also to hear ‘Top-Trainer Wenger’ being praised by the German commentary, almost as though he’d personally won the World Cup.

the only sam is nelson
the only sam is nelson
Reply to  Miranda

BBC reporting that the deal’s floundered on Khedira’s wage demands. Old habits dying hard or hard-nosed common sense? hmmmmmm

either way we’re looking good for 14/15

Anonymous Physicist
Anonymous Physicist
5 years ago

I’d say common sense, if reports are true that he asked for 20K per week more than what Oxil and Sanchez are getting. (I’m not saying those reports are true, just saying what I would think if they are) Paying Khedira more than Ozil and Sanchez would be unreasonable in terms of their respective stature, potentially bad for morale, and cause every other player’s agent to cue in front of the management’s office tomorrow morning, all asking for a contract renewal with a similar increase (not to mention what future signings will ask for). And while that may be hyperbole,… Read more »

Miranda
Miranda
5 years ago

Yes, a few sites are reporting the wage demands – all just picking it up from the ultra reliable goal dot com? – but Khedira personally can’t have been making any demands at all in the last few days. Too busy with the world cup and partying on the plane. I suppose it could be the agent, but I’d take all reports that the deal is off with a big pinch of salt for the moment.

Remy does look to be off due to wage demands. Good, imo, it give Campbell a chance.

Podolski Sklep
Podolski Sklep

Mmmmm, Öxil…

The strength and pace of the Ox

The effortlessness and finesse of Özil

Does anyone know a mad geneticist so we can make it happen?

Finsbury Park Gooner
Finsbury Park Gooner
Reply to  me

All well and good, but WHAT ABOUT DEBUCHY..?!?!?!

Geefive
Geefive
5 years ago

Probably waiting on Newcastle to lock a replacement first.

london
london

think it will be confirmed when Newcastle sign Janmaat

ArsenalHobbit
ArsenalHobbit

And what about Sagna?

Witoldo
Witoldo
Reply to  ArsenalHobbit

Dedicated right back who gave the best years of his career to Arsenal Football Club. Broke his leg twice for the cause. Never complained. A man who deserves to be remembered fondly.

gooner_expat
gooner_expat
Reply to  ArsenalHobbit

sitting & enjoying watching zabaleta play?

Thierry Bergkamp
Thierry Bergkamp
Reply to  me

The thought of Reus in red and white/yellow/blue makes me leak.

gar14
gar14

Tell me more!!

Not about the leaking. But about Reus? Have we been linked recently??

Theoptimist
Theoptimist
Reply to  gar14

Only linking with Reus I’ve seen has been Liverpool.

Arsecraft
Arsecraft
Reply to  gar14

The Ox is a fox
The Ox is a fox
Reply to  me

any confirmation on Khedira deal or no deal?

gammhunn
gammhunn
5 years ago

Here’s what Poldi thinks when the speaker asks Khedira where he’ll be playing next season.

ARSENAL, JAWOHL!

gammhunn
gammhunn
Reply to  gammhunn

Helps to post the link too…

JimmyThunder
JimmyThunder
5 years ago

Cannot wait to see an injury-free first team out on the pitch. It’ll be a beautiful thing.

Shit, this could even be the year Diaby shows up. Optimism, I know.

Ralph77
Ralph77
Reply to  JimmyThunder

… well that’s off now…

heswore
heswore
5 years ago

Is that just wishful thinking? There’s no confirmation is there?

heswore
heswore
5 years ago

Reply was clearly to ‘me’.

Block 98
Block 98
5 years ago

I wonder what Blogs thinking abou Jack smoking? Big season for Jack, with Khadira and others his place in the first team under threat , he needs to get his s*** together.

AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
5 years ago

cant wait for next season. each minute is draining my life. cant wait for my gunners to take to the pitch. am excited. am ready. am Arse-d!!! if that’s even a word. by the way, I really realy hate Daily Mail. am in africa but I really want to burn that crap house down. I need directions…….

Arsene's Zip
Arsene's Zip
5 years ago

I’ll supply the petrol mate.

AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
Reply to  Arsene's Zip

now thats why I love this club. Co-operation

Alf
Alf

Save some for BT Sport 😐

AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
AS17 is for A.Sanchez not A.song
Reply to  Alf

No worries pal, I was kind of thinking about asking Arsene for Flamini since he had nothing to do since May to go have a chat with them while with a Bazooka. Then we send BFG just to make sure its done the right way. Start chating with Micheal Women first then that guy from mail Adrian Durham for his bloody stupid lousy opinion about Arsenal lads who won the world cup. THEY WON. they are Arsenal players. so what. Glad I dont have country men that foolish. My sympathies Brits. You should really consider sending them into exile. My… Read more »

ALEXIS
ALEXIS

Walcott/sanchez mmm!

SB
SB
5 years ago

This is what Ivan was referring to when he said we can do a deal like Ozil (to my mind dispite the financial difference Sanchez is at the same level) and more (more top top quality players)!

Hope one of our DM targets are successfully concluded – Khedria or Bender will be a significant addition to the team

capetowngooner
capetowngooner
5 years ago

16th August, cmoooon nanny dammit!!

Edu's Braces
Edu's Braces
5 years ago

Id happily go for a pint with Theo

magnetben
magnetben
5 years ago

well that was interesting on German TV – Mesut was next to Khedira and Khedira was asked if they will play together next season. Of course Khedira tried to change the topic, but Mesut was very excited and yelled something like “Aresenal, Jawohl”.

magnetben
magnetben
Reply to  magnetben

*Arsenal* big sorry..

Racerr
Racerr
Reply to  magnetben

Mesut doing a Reina there

bournegooner
bournegooner
Reply to  magnetben

That, actually was Podolski up to his jester antics. He was the one who shouted “Arsenal” when Khedira was asked where he was playing next season.

magnetben
magnetben
Reply to  bournegooner

no he wasn’t – it was Mesut. I sure. But doesn’t matter anyway.

ThierryWalcott
ThierryWalcott
Reply to  magnetben

I sure also 😀

Yas
Yas
Reply to  magnetben

here we go… sounds like Podi to me!

Witoldo
Witoldo
Reply to  Yas

Poldi contributing the best he can to the squad, I guess.

Starsch
Starsch
Reply to  Witoldo

Yea, 15 goals in 27 appearances last year wasn’t much of a contribution to the squad, I guess.

gammhunn
gammhunn
Reply to  magnetben

Sorry, posted this as a reply to en earlier comment. To me it sounds like Poldi – shouting ARSENAL – JAWOHL! And then there is a second Jahwohl, Mesut maybe?

Little Mozart
Little Mozart
5 years ago

Well have the fastest attack in the Prem when Theo’s back. How I’ve missed that man!

AlbZ
AlbZ
5 years ago

Getting a Theo Walcott shirt this year.

He was fantastic the last two years and is an integral part of our first eleven, especially with Özil looking to play those defence-splitting passes. Looking forward to his comeback.

How about on September 27 against Sp*rs with a brace and an assist?

Yas
Yas
Reply to  AlbZ

here we go… sounds like Podi to me!

Zorro in the box
Zorro in the box
5 years ago

Interesting that Theo seems himself playing “on the flanks” as opposed to being down the middle.

Watching him in that game against Sp*rs though, he was looking lethal in the central role…

WilshereIsMyFavouritePlayer
WilshereIsMyFavouritePlayer
5 years ago

Off Topic : Am dissappointed with Wilshere to be frank…not bcoz he ws seen smoking or partying…Does he know it is one of THE most important seasons for him but he seems to take it lightly..nt that he had a hectic worldcup to have so much rest

Having said that i still believe in him…And am sure he will become a player what we always thought he would be

PS: Check my name;)

TV5
TV5
5 years ago

Jack has said four of five times in the last few months, that he can no longer be considered a promising young player anymore, that it’s time for him to deliver. I’m fairly sure he knows whats needed and I’ve no problem with a player having a holiday. He’ll have one month off this year, all work and no play makes Jack…..you get my drift.

gar14
gar14
Reply to  TV5

…makes Jack what???…MAKES JACK WHATTTTTTTT?????????????????????

TV5
TV5
Reply to  gar14

exactly….

Seduce me, Arsene
Seduce me, Arsene
Reply to  gar14

Clearly you don’t know Jack like I do.

rossi88
rossi88
5 years ago

Im having to deal with these Wilshere haters on my site. And although I see where their coming from I just want to smack then In the chops. I too get frustrated with him keep running with and losing the ball. And sometimes its like he tries to hard. But I love him still. Just needs a word in his ear from the senior lads. To keep it simple and to learn the right moment and areas of the pitch to do his quick burst past the opposition. And to stop going down hold his ankle : / I cant… Read more »

Racerr
Racerr
5 years ago

While all these new signings sound great, I guess the biggest hurdle towards Arsenal’s success in previous seasons was the injury list. There was a time when we had as many as 8 or 9 potential first team players out. So while we celebrate the new signings, lets also hope that our medical team is less busy the coming season. What’s frustrating is that most injuries end up becoming long-term injuries. Rosicky, Sagna, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey and Diaby have all missed out on a huge chunk of action due to long-term injuries in the past. So I hope Wenger can… Read more »

Miranda
Miranda
Reply to  Racerr

If it’s true we’re getting the US fitness coach who’s been in charge of the German national team, then our injury problems could be approaching an end. If it’s true – still a big if – this is a more important signing than Sanchez and Khedira put together. Trouble is, I’ve not seen any mention of it since June, though I suppose we wouldn’t have because he’ll have been entirely wrapped up in the German job… Anyone able to confirm that he’s coming after he’s had a well-deserved holiday?

Edu
Edu
5 years ago

Arsenal will thrash many teams…perfect id and attacking

Mö10
Mö10
5 years ago

We will have fastest attack in premier league ths year with walcott and akexis. And whats ths ‘#Wengerout’ comments??? You plastic glory hunter fans should be banned.he knw’s which player to sign. In wenger we trust.

Carlo
Carlo
Reply to  Mö10

#Mö10out

jw
jw
Reply to  Mö10

#Mö10out

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  Mö10

Mö10, if you visit your local library you will find a big book there with lots of words in it, called a dictionary. Please look up “sarcasm”.

Bouldy's Tupee
Bouldy's Tupee
5 years ago

Alexis is a bit right footed similar to Theo. Is Wenger going to play Theo on the left? Is Arsenal going to have inverted wingers on each side that cut thru the middle? This season is going to be amazing! Cannot wait! COYG!!!!

SoqedHozi
SoqedHozi
Reply to  Bouldy's Tupee

Pretty convinced that Sanchez will start on the right till Walcott is back, then he’ll move inside to give Giroud a rest.

Dude
Dude

Grande Per Mertesacker!

gar14
gar14
Reply to  Dude

There’s nothing that man can’t do

TURF
TURF
Reply to  Dude

epic

King 14enry
King 14enry
Reply to  Dude

Watch this with ‘Beat it – MJ’ playing in the background, Per’s rhythm is on point

mondo
mondo
5 years ago

Hey Blogs, off topic but what do you think about putting up an Arsecast post on the news site so we have a place to bullshit about the podcast?

Just a thought, cheers!

mondo
mondo
Reply to  arseblog

Yes, but commenting on the arses has always seemed liked walking into someone’s living room I’ve never met heh, it’s fine no worries.

Badddam-Tass
Badddam-Tass
5 years ago

Wenger hasn’t locked in the Debuchy signing as there is still a chance we might get Hatem Trabelsi at right back instead.

Clearly Arsene is holding out for the better player…

Save 75 cents
Save 75 cents
5 years ago

Putting the off field benefits aside I would rather have Schneiderlin…

Özil's Eyes on Arsene's Hot Thighs
Özil's Eyes on Arsene's Hot Thighs
5 years ago

Why is no one talking about the BT Sport ad?

DöubleDöubleDöuble
DöubleDöubleDöuble
5 years ago

Talking of BT Sport, Michael Owen has predicted that Arsenal won’t make the Top 4 this season. He may be a crap commentator, but you can’t say that he doesn’t provide great comedy.

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
5 years ago

Michael Owens’ predictions from last year:
– Arsenal won’t finish in the top four
– Arsenal will finish behind Tottenham
– Arsenal will finish behind Manchester United
– Liverpool will win the league
– Hull will win the FA Cup
– Arsenal won’t make any signings this summer

100% record so far. I would like very much for him to predict that I won’t win the lottery.

vbk
vbk
5 years ago

Does anyone have Yaya Toure in your minds? If we can call him and wish a happy birthday or send him a birthday card will be enough to sign him though

Highbury Clockhand
Highbury Clockhand
Reply to  vbk

I would have no desire to see him play for Arsenal. We would have to sell the souls of the first team to gain the capitol just for his absurd wages, he is 31, and he gets mad if you don’t bake him cakes. I mean, I love cake. But I wouldn’t get mad at people for not baking them, that takes time, a good oven, some flour, sugar and a nice icing. You could ask you mother to bake it, but why put her to all that trouble just for some greedy footballer who she doesn’t even know? It’s… Read more »

Blaize
Blaize
5 years ago

This season is going to be huge, we can really compete and show our quality. I’d like Khedira but Bender and Schniderlin are great options too. P.s. If you want a monster wage, stay at Real Madrid. If you want to make a difference, play magic football, and join the most beautiful team in the EPL, come to arsenal.

Witoldo
Witoldo
Reply to  Blaize

If he wants a monster wage, he’ll go to Chelsea, Man City, or PSG. Obviously Khedira feeling “underappreciated” at Real Madrid is agent talk for “they’re not giving my client a large enough pay packet commensurate to what he brings to the team.”

Monkeyman
Monkeyman

Bendtner 😎

Kay Tyma
Kay Tyma
5 years ago

Joel Campbell in Joel Campbell In…..Yaya Sanogo out on loan Yaya Sanogo out on loan…bring the lad back he will offer something more than Sanogo…

Reply to  Kay Tyma

Not his height and physicality.

Sanogo is Giroud’s immediate replacement if he continues to improve.

And we need the tall CF as a can opener particularly as we play mainly against teams that will sit deep against us.

Not sure where Campbell will feature for us. More likely on loan. Maybe Arsene may give him a chance but Sanogo bc of his physicality may be more useful.

Highbury Clockhand
Highbury Clockhand
5 years ago

I think a lopsided 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 hybrid will suit us well. Ramsey shuttling forward from deep, Arteta or possibly Khedira a little deeper, Walcott on the right, Sanchez either upfront or high up and narrow on the left when Giroud starts. I quite like Ozil wide as well. You will see more of Ozil’s ability with the pace of Walcott, who will rip Chelsea’s The-Two-Lads-Duo (Terry/Cahill) to shreds with Sanchez, to the point that Mourinho snatches an inhaler from an ill asthmatic child to puff on to calm his nerves, pulling at his cashmere scarf for more air, only to realise… Read more »

5 years ago

Well, we do need to transition much quicker to catch the other side before they can organize and sit deep. We were deprived of speed last season with Walcott, Chamberlain and Gnabry out for long stretches. Sanchez will add a bit of guile for us which we have lacked in recent times. I can’t see him leading the line like Giroud but he can play off him or come on late on and exploit space as the singular striker up top when legs get tired (that 70 minute mark) My concern would be if Giroud takes a knock and gets… Read more »

Reply to  santori

The other thing that was missing last season was Jack being able to provide us the drive centrally. he hasn’t been as stellar as Ramsey but in some ways for balance of the team, he is equally if not more crucial. The only other player who provides the sort of vertical threat with dribbling ability to beat a couple of men through the middle is Diaby. Ramsey is a different player. Whilst possessing some dribbling ability (He is improving) he is more a pass and move player. The addition of Jack (and Diaby) will give us yet more tools to… Read more »

Highbury Clockhand
Highbury Clockhand
Reply to  santori

One frustrating thing last season was that against even the highest defensive line, we rarely had players who sprint in behind defenses when Walcott isn’t playing, and that kind of pass is Ozil’s bread and butter. Podolski can do that to some degree, but simply having a burst of speed to exploit the space in behind, especially from the wide right role, is so important; really it’s part of the Arsenal style that the Invincibles perfected. Against deeper opposition, I think Giroud is valuable, because he brings the players behind him, Ramsey Ozil etc, into pockets that he leaves. I… Read more »

Yendi
Yendi
Reply to  santori

Jack is equally if not more crucial to the team than Ramsey? Are you serious? Did you see how we performed (with Jack in the team) after Ramsey went down? It wasn’t pretty. I get what you’re saying about his vertical runs but whats SEVERELY lacking is defensive output from him, and that is a crucial component of the B2B role. Dribbling ability Jack’s got in spades but what he doesn’t have is the judgement on when to dribble and when not to – dribbling into cul de sacs and losing possession is not helpful. I think he will continue… Read more »

ThierryWalcott
ThierryWalcott
5 years ago

News just in: John Terry is a cunt, in other news: Maureen is a double cunt!

Paulohio
5 years ago

Talking about yaya sonogo. Wenger have to push the lad on a loan,This is not the Season to give an average player a chance. We need someone like Campbell to show the stuff he is made of

NinMung Loves the BFG
NinMung Loves the BFG

Per is Per-fect

Chaillah the Gunner
Chaillah the Gunner
5 years ago

I wouldn’t want you for a brother

Matt
Matt
5 years ago

Finally looks like he has realised he is not a striker.

Reply to  Matt

Most are easily enamoured by the latest shiny new toy. Sanchez has played as a forward for Barcelona but they are a different beast in a more forgiving league to short statured strikers. For Chile, he plays at RW (and they aren’t a tall team even) I can see his merit as a second striker off of Giroud or Sanogo ina 4-4-1-1 but he will find it difficult to emulate Giroud’s role which for the most part we will need against 70% of teams who defend deep. Still the extra cunning and speed on the break for us will help… Read more »

Burak
Burak
Reply to  santori

“but he will find it difficult to emulate Giroud’s role which for the most part we will need against 70% of teams who defend deep.” How does Giroud especially help with attacking against teams that defend deep? Giroud is a fantastic player, but his main contribution in that regard has been to flick on passes for faster midfielders. While he’s very good at doing that, and Sanchez is obviously not going to have the same physical influence, the one thing that Sanchez can do that Giroud cannot is beat his defender by dribbling. I’m not anti-Giroud and I’m saying we… Read more »

Episco
Episco
5 years ago

Where does Carzola come in…
Wat about TR7?
This is wat I call ‘depth’
#haha

King 14enry
King 14enry

On somewhat of another note, Sanchez is on twitter: @Alexis_Sanchez

GH_GUNNER
GH_GUNNER

Theo + Sanchez??
If its a dream don’t wake me plsssss

Woolwich Peripatetic
Woolwich Peripatetic
5 years ago

While a DM would be nice (can be subbed on for the last thirty when we’re a goal up) I don’t think people really underestimate just how much of a loss Theo was to our defence. Arteta and Flamini suffered in the big games because the big teams could squeeze up the pitch without fear, putting those two under too much pressure in midfield. Walcott and Sanchez will make life a lot easier for either of those two.

DM is not a priority.

Arteta and Flamini (and the ocassional Diaby) are plenty.

I suppose if Khedira came in at the right price, Arteta would be moved on earlier but frankly we have other more pressing needs.

Cback for one is an issue.

We need someone who can rotate through meterscielny to give the two main Cbacks a break through the campaign. Vermaelen even if he stays has thus far not been able to do that.

HalfManHalfHotdog
HalfManHalfHotdog
5 years ago

Jamie Carragher pissed me off saying Walcott and the Ox will suffer because of Sanchez’ arrival and he should have signed for Liverpool. What about Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana? Bellend.

5 years ago

DM is not a priority. We need : 1)LB – Something has to be sorted. Debuchy or someone-else. Personally if Seamus Coleman was available for 15m, I’d take him instead. 2)CB – My issue with Vermaelen is he can’t seem to force himself into rotation with Meterscielny. Presumably as 4th choice Miquel may get a look in. 3)GK – Ospnia? Fine with me. Ochoa is apparently a free agent but a lot depends on player motivation. Anyone for second fiddle? 4)Striker- despite Sanchez, I remain unconvinced that we are sufficiently covered up top. Sanchez can and has played forward for… Read more »

Voldermort
Voldermort
Reply to  santori

A defensive midfielder is totally a priority, our rivals whom we got slaughtered by on occasions last year have strengthened and you think we should more or less keep the same formation at the back with the added addition of debuchy in replace of Sagna. A world class organised defensive midfield player could make all the difference. Agree we need another striker though and maybe if we don’t buy one then Campbell could be that player. We have the money and we have the majority of the players we need why wait another season and go a player short of… Read more »

Wenger's beach trainer
Wenger's beach trainer
5 years ago

Most importantly, arsene refusing to admit publicly that John terry is a cunt. Surely, Wenger must go

Joel Campbell.

No one seems to be talking about him.

Held up the ball brilliantly for Costa Rica, lovely touches and quick turn of pace.

Wenger will likely have a very close look pre-season again. if he thinks campbell is up for it, then he should likely take the2nd/3rd spot for CF alongside Giroud and Sanogo.

At 5’10, he has simply a better physique in this slot than Sanchez who is more likely outwide with Walcott, Chamberlain, Podolski and Ganbry (not to mention santi). More importantly he keeps the ball well with back to goal.

Reply to  santori

And lest you judge him by the last game he played, his legs were gone by that stage.

Well done Dick Law.

No Wanyama, Gustavo, Mvila or Mitrogolou.

Miranda
Miranda
Reply to  santori

I’d love to see Campbell getting a go on the right while Walcott is out – which could be October-November: it’s a nasty injury, one of the worst, so he’s bound to take a while to regain match fitness and to have lost a bit of his pace, at least for a while. Much prefer Campbell to the (possibly) greedy and conceited Remy who’s just been convicted of drink driving. Wilshere having an occasional cigarette on holiday doesn’t seem like the end of the world, whereas heavy drinking during the season, not to mention driving when drunk, isn’t something that… Read more »

Sam Gooner
Sam Gooner
5 years ago

I cant believe Arsenal might let go of Khedira because of extra 30000 pound wage, How isnt that a outrageous ? moreover Chelsea might get him

Reply to  Sam Gooner

Not done and dusted.

As it possibly stands :

CF – Giroud, Sanogo, Campbell

RW – Sanchez, Walcott, Chamberlain (Gnabry, Santi)
LW – Podolski, Rosicky, (Santi, Chamberlain, Gnabry)

AM – Ozil, (Sanchez, Santi, Rosicky)
CM – Ramsey, Jack, (Rosicky, Chamberlain, Zelalem)
DM – Arteta, Flamini (Diaby)

RB – Debuchy, Jenkinson (Bellerin)
LB – Gibbs, Monreal (TV)
CB – Per, Koscielny, TV, Miquel

GK – Szsc, Ospina

Reply to  santori

Sans Khedira. If he does get bought, then the obvious player he will replace is the oft unavailable Diaby. DM is not a priority but this looks like an opportunity buy accelerating the eventual replacement of Arteta and Diaby. More concern at Cback where Vermaelen can’t seem to rotate through Meterscielny. We will need him to step up or may need another. We don’t want feet of clay. If Khedira is added, it may afford us enough energy to go 4-4-1-1 ( effectively having Sanchez off of one of the big men in Giroud or Sanogo, or even Campbell) Very… Read more »

Anonymous Physicist
Anonymous Physicist
Reply to  santori

Diaby is not a DM. If anything, he might be the most natural cover for Ramsey we have in the squad: an attacking oriented box-to-box midfielder with a good tackle but even better forward drive.

I totally understand your confusion though, it is darn hard to remember what he even looks like, let alone what he plays like.

Faym
Faym
5 years ago

That’s two world class signings to nil

Sam Gooner
Sam Gooner
5 years ago

We need Khedira, he is not only a good tackler, but also a good passer and just see his game against Brazil, he combined well with Ozil, if we are to prevent hidings like at Chelsea we need a good DM

Mate Kiddleton
Mate Kiddleton
Reply to  Sam Gooner

Khedira is not a DM, more a box to box all round midfielder. Kinda like Diaby or Ramsey.

Tazmanian Jesus
Tazmanian Jesus
5 years ago

Im on the toilet, and Im also currently still hailing the Sanchez capture.

Sam Gooner
Sam Gooner
5 years ago

You think we can may be get Sanchez to persuade his teammate Vidal to ditch Shithole United for us ?

Runkeball
Runkeball
5 years ago

What happened to the rumour that Källström might stay for another season? Not saying he’s a replacement for Khedira if that deal goes wrong but he’s a pretty solid midfielder who’d be on our books on the cheap.

Kos
Kos
5 years ago

Diaby isn’t a DM!! He’s never been one and never will be one! Why oh why do people think he can play there when that’s clearly not his position.

Wenger uses him as either a box to box but was often using him pushed up high or even off the striker. He ain’t a DM by a long shot