Arteta, Debuchy, Wilshere and Diaby feature in friendly

Arsenal have received an injury boost for the final stages of the season as some first team regulars, and one very irregular, featured in a behind closed doors friendly against Brentford.

The Gunners ran out 4-0 winners with Jack Wilshere opening the scoring in the 7th minute. The midfielder hasn’t played since a Paddy McNair tackle left him with ankle ligament damage last November.

He was joined by Mikel Arteta (last appearance: Nov 26th), Mathieu Debuchy (out since January 11th) and Abou Diaby who was last seen in first team action in September when he lasted 67 minutes of the Capital One Cup defeat to Southampton.

Arteta, Wilshere and Diaby played 45 minutes while Debuchy was given an hour. It remains to be seen if any of them will be in contention for this Saturday’s game against Liverpool at the Emirates, but heading into the final few weeks of the season (it really has flown by), the more players we have fit and available the better.

More details on Arsenal.com here.

Kosc' Other Pocket
Kosc' Other Pocket
5 years ago

Now we can gun for the big-ears and the EPL trophy.. COYG

CB
CB
5 years ago

Though does anyone know how well they each played?

(I know it was behind closed doors but somebody must have been there)

gar14
gar14
Reply to  CB

First game back after so long, it’s more about match fitness and getting through unscathed really

ENJ
ENJ
Reply to  CB

Read the match report on arsenal.com apparently Diaby bossed it in the first half pretty much creating two goals. I know many will disagree with me but I just really want Diaby to stay and get some game time. The annoying thing is that when I tell other fans that Diaby is actually a good player no one believes me because they’ve barely seen him play. I just want people to at least see how good he can be before he goes. Robbed of a great career due to injuries.

Seoighe
Seoighe
Reply to  ENJ

I know it does not matter to most of you fans, but the 3% increase in ticket prices robbing real supporters last season and the £2.8million it generated just about covers a year of his wages for not playing. That’s not including the cost in medical expenses. So if you want him to stay how about you stumping up for his wages and expenses.

FredMerz
FredMerz
Reply to  Seoighe

How is it possible that someone thinks the 3% increase in ticket prices wouldn’t have happened if not for Diaby?

Pedant
Pedant
Reply to  arseblog

Is it possible to ban trolls from the site? You can judge that easily enough by thumbs down, rudeness etc. I don’t mind controversial views that make me think but do object to consistently provocative w*nkers. They are mostly likely getting pleasure from winding up true fans.

neder
neder
Reply to  arseblog

Boom. Well owned sir, well owned!

chippy's chip
chippy's chip
Reply to  arseblog

DAN SMITH IS A MASSIVE CUNT.

Seoighe
Seoighe
Reply to  Seoighe

Care to expand on “your shit- head gun” mannion?

AgentTroy
AgentTroy
Reply to  Seoighe

Its a gun aimed at shitheads

Seoighe
Seoighe
Reply to  Seoighe

Also, his current contract was given since his ankle was smashed. What is Arsenal- a charity for veterans? I suppose its immaterial to you what the supporters pay

Rozza the samourai
Rozza the samourai
Reply to  Seoighe

First time I have seen a fan that mad because a player is returning from injury ! Are you happy if they get injured ? Asking because you don’t want them to return.

Pedant
Pedant
5 years ago

Almost definitely not an Arsenal fan, in my opinion. Rude and regularly p*ssing people off is something a Sp*rs fan would do.

Henry! Chance!! Goal!!!
Henry! Chance!! Goal!!!
Reply to  Seoighe

The constant complaining get tiresome. It is the one thing I don’t like about fans in general. Not just arsenal fans, fans of sports in general.

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  Seoighe

Hey, moron, Diaby hasn’t been accepting his wages while he’s been injured. Like Blogs said, aim your shit-head gun at the right target. Or better yet, don’t aim it at all, just go away and be a troll somewhere else.

Blogs, I’ll go along with what Pedant said above. Can’t we just get rid of obvious trolls like this idiot, Theone1, and others?

CB
CB
Reply to  Arsepedant

Ex Priest Tobin too, though have never seen Seioghe and him in the same (chat) room. Strange that…

david hillier handled my luggage
david hillier handled my luggage
Reply to  Seoighe

Do you ever enjoy ANYTHING?

Wendy
Wendy
Reply to  ENJ

Seems Diaby will not get his contract renewed this summer, but what other club will sign him? I think it would be far better to keep him on on a pay as you play basis; on the rare occasions he is uninjured there is no better in the EPL.

alexis' shorts
alexis' shorts
Reply to  ENJ

I think most of us who have seen Diaby play agree he is a talent, but unfortunately his body just doesn’t seem to be able to hold up for even one full match after that Dan Smith tackle. And now, it would take a lot to become more than a rotation player for us with the current squad, although that extra cover would be nice. It’s really admirable how much effort he has put in to getting back to proper health, but I don’t see this turning out like Rosicky’s recovery. I see no problem having him stay around and… Read more »

ramsey's spirit
ramsey's spirit
Reply to  ENJ

I completely agree, i know there are problems though, I’d consider offering him a 2 year deal with a low contract around 30k a week (i say low, still a decent amount to earn in a year) and then throw in a hefty 15-20k appearence fee so hes paid when he actually plays.

trapper
trapper
Reply to  ENJ

As soon as Diaby was fit he was also straight into the French national team.

He had talent, hope for Diaby that he still has it

goontang
goontang
Reply to  ENJ

You can tell me mate how good he is and i will believe it. I wouldnt mind seeing him given a 12 month extension. The guy is quality. Just no luck at all.

assistantref
assistantref
Reply to  ENJ

Diaby could have been our Vieira replacement. It’s really sad to see what has happened to the guy. I don’t think there’s any doubt he’s absolutely a top quality player when fit. The problem is he’s fit for about 5 days out of each season.

Walcott's left footed curl
Walcott's left footed curl
5 years ago

OK, so for how long is Diaby out now? Taking for granted that he injured himself in this game.

lolcat
lolcat
5 years ago

+1. For your name… Does it exist?!?

2014-2015 = the year we've been waiting for
2014-2015 = the year we've been waiting for
Reply to  lolcat

Yes at the Majeski stadium against Reading in the Premier League where we won 5-2. Walcott’s first touch AND his curler were both with his left foot, and both were delightful.

Raj
Raj
5 years ago

You get one of those per contract signed.

Man Like Ozil
Man Like Ozil
5 years ago

Still not a fan of this humour. It’s a guy’s life and dream we’re joking about. How funny is his hardship, really?

diefenbaker
diefenbaker
Reply to  Man Like Ozil

Yeah and the club has been very good to him.
If he’s fit, there really shouldn’t be another contract.

Seoighe
Seoighe
Reply to  diefenbaker

If there is any contract it has to be on a ‘pay as you play’

John C
John C
Reply to  Seoighe

If he had any self respect he wouldn’t accept a new contract

Man Like Ozil
Man Like Ozil
Reply to  John C

Yeah, for shame on him for getting injured all the time. How dare he be so unfortunate, right?

John C
John C
Reply to  Seoighe

Why does everyone on here insist on patronising Diaby? He’s a professional footballer who’s been injured so often he can’t do his job whilst receiving full pay which equates to millions of pounds. He hasn’t lost limb or been struck down with a debilitating or terminal illness, he has the the very definition of a first world problem, he can’t play professional football!! As i said if he had any self respect he wouldn’t even entertain the idea of signing a new contract at Arsenal and at the end of the season he should walk away and start a new… Read more »

Al Gilmore
Al Gilmore
Reply to  John C

People equate money with happiness. This is why they say ‘look how much he is getting paid…why should we feel sorry for him?’ Hmmm what about having an incredible talent to play football? What about battling the way to nearing the top of the game and looking like having a stellar career ahead of you and having it effectively taken away? What about battling back from injury on countless occasions only to have another injury straight after? I accept there are people in the world who have it much tougher than Diaby, illness and poverty. But it doesn’t mean we… Read more »

John C
John C
Reply to  Seoighe

I didn’t equate his happiness with money, i merely pointed out he has earned a lot of it. Whatever injustice that has occurred in Diaby’s career has already taken place no amount of sympathy can change that. At some point somebody has to be man enough a draw a line under it. We’re talking about the after effects of an injury that occurred what, 8-9 years ago, is that not long enough? or is 10 years better? why not make it 20 or 30 years, as according to Wenger logic he’ll still only be 21 in football years?! As i… Read more »

Al Gilmore
Al Gilmore
Reply to  John C

I think so many of us ‘defend’ Diaby because so many of us attack for being injured. And also much of u is ill thought out criticism. I have read countless times that AFC should have got rid of Diaby that AW is a fool for keeping him on this last 2-3 seasons. He signed a contract 5yrs ago for 50k/wk. With hindsight it looks like a bad deal of course but then unlike the armchair geniuses on here AW doesn’t get the benefit of hindsight – he would have sought medical advice obviously and this advice must’ve been positive.… Read more »

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  Seoighe

@Seoighe and John C: His contract is effectively pay as you play RIGHT NOW, because (and how many times must this be said before the idiots pay attention) HE ISN’T ACCEPTING HIS WAGES WHILE HE’S OUT INJURED. Is that clear enough for you yet? Have you been told enough times yet? Does it still need repeating?

Abou Diaby is not just a brilliant footballer, he’s a man of courage, ethics, and morality, none of which are qualities either of you apparently possess.

John C
John C
Reply to  Seoighe

Show me a link, to a reputable website that has actual quotes confirming he isn’t accepting his wages then i’ll believe you. Otherwise to the best of my knowledge he is accepting his wages and you’re just making that up!

Chilli
Chilli
Reply to  Seoighe

I wanna see you guys being able to do sth really well, e.g. sth work-related or sport or whateva and then being told you can’t do it anymore/longer, coz your body breaks down. You pussies would just give up and man up, if somebody told ya: “hey, your really good at this, let’s give it a go!” And you’d turn around to them: “na mate, don’t need sympathy, nor money. I’m so dignified, I’ll stop doing what I love and know.” fuckin’ hypocrites. Have some empathy or go and support Chelsea. da fuuuuuuuuuuuq?

John C
John C
Reply to  Seoighe

two things, 1, Diaby isn’t very good, even when fit he didn’t play central midfield at the expense of Denilson and Song, let alone Fabregas and spent most of his time on the left wing where he was terrible most of the time. 2. Diaby has hardly been fit for 8 years, not 2 weeks. His body cannot withstand playing professional football and his contract runs out in the summer. That is the time to say good bye, if he still wants to pursue a career as a footballer then he should do it somewhere else, it clearly hasn’t worked… Read more »

MPLS
MPLS

Quote:
“1. Diaby isn’t very good…”

I stopped reading right there.

chippy's chip
chippy's chip
Reply to  Man Like Ozil

And wages

chippy's chip
chippy's chip
5 years ago

Wenger loves him and will play him saturday and he will last 5 mins.

Geolgau
Geolgau
5 years ago

Great return, but they will have to fight the Kraken for their place now.

George
George
5 years ago

As much as his injury situation has become a source of many jokes, I would love to see Abou get some farewell minutes before the end of the season!

David C
David C
Reply to  George

agreed, probably the end of the line for Abou at Arsenal!

andre santos
andre santos
5 years ago

this interlull is boring.
its a shame we re out of champ league. no more midweek matches till next season. sigh

DurhamGooner
DurhamGooner
Reply to  andre santos

Sunderland home, Wednesday May 20th.

Seoighe
Seoighe
Reply to  andre santos

I think the only boring thing about it is the repetitive use of the word interlull. There has been some cracking games on and great footballers to watch almost every day since last Wednesday. It makes me wonder if any of you using the word actually like football as a sport

Dial Square Charity XI
Dial Square Charity XI
Reply to  Seoighe

You’re really in a bad mood today!

Chairman Meow
Reply to  Seoighe

I agree, if you’re really a fan of football you’d like internationals too.

Double98
Double98
Reply to  Chairman Meow

But by and large they are shit and cause you to cheer for cunts you hate like Wayne Rooney, Robbie Keane, Gareth Bale, Jock Mcwhothefuck

once every 2 years (or 8 years for irish / scottish fans, or never for wales fans) you can just about suspend your hate in the spirit of rolling bandwagons, national fervour and sunshine/beer/crying dutch/brazilian girls

MPLS
MPLS
Reply to  Seoighe

You’re a cheap, disrespectful troll Soggy. That’s the easy, lazy thing to do. Takes no cleverness at all. Anyone with enough emptiness in their heart to choose to slate Diaby, who gave his career both to and for the Arsenal is nothing but. I don’t give a fuck about your 3% whinges, mate. If the only reason you’re here is to farm disapproval, cheers. You’re a rock star. I’m glad it satisfies you so. I hope it does, because in the short while I’ve noticed your posts, that’s all they’ve been. That’s the last I have to say on it.… Read more »

Paul
Paul
Reply to  MPLS

YEAH, what he said – Soggy bottom! 🙂

Humphre3000
Humphre3000
Reply to  andre santos

Now we know what it feels like to be Man U. lol

Udoboy
Udoboy
5 years ago

Diaby? What a time to resurrect; Easter is days away. Happy for him. If he can stay fit for the rest of the season, I’ll say give him a new one year contract and see what happens…I just love him. Glad for Wilshere et al also.
We have a really strong squad.

Less rambly Pete
Less rambly Pete
Reply to  Udoboy

I’ve find memories of him smashing it (no pun intended)against the mugsmashers a few seasons back. It would be quite lovely to see that again in the FA cup final against the same team.

KT
KT

Wow I had no idea Rovers were also called the Mugsmashers

Dracular
Dracular
Reply to  Udoboy

Share thesame contract view point which can be earn as you play for Diaby

Tom
Tom

DIAAABY! DIAAABY!

Mo
Mo
Reply to  Tom

I would like to hear this chant again at the Emirates, and get too excited about his return and performances. Then boom. Diaby is out.

Don
Don
5 years ago

Somehow I expected the words ‘Boreham Wood’ to be in this article when I saw that we played a friendly…

Moves like Yeager
Moves like Yeager
Reply to  Don

Has anyone noticed how Boreham Wood sounds a bit like Boredom Hood? just saying

vince
vince
5 years ago

Am I dreaming or is this Shad F.’s magic? Props.

Now let’s renew the cells in henry’s body and have him back along with the rest of the Invincibles! #COYG

Paul
Paul
Reply to  vince

Was going to thumb you up, but then you said “props” 🙁

George
George
5 years ago

As much as his injury situation has become the source of many jokes, I would love to see Abou get some farewell minutes before the end of the season!

Mpls
Mpls
Reply to  George

Let’s go lock up 2nd with games to spare and make this happen!

Of course I would be more than happy to sacrifice that moment if we somehow got into position to challenge Mou’s Little Pony for top spot.

Bren
Bren
5 years ago

Good to see them ALL back without any reservations. Lets hope that they can all contribute between now and the end of the season and we pick up some silverware too. Up The Arse!

peter wachira
peter wachira
5 years ago

Ooohhh poor Diaby time to say goodbye man what apity also for the rest good to have them back

Mo
Mo
5 years ago

Full squad available? What a time to be alive.

TC_42
TC_42
Reply to  Mo

No Ox 🙁

Mo
Mo
Reply to  TC_42

Ahh forgot the Ox, wish he come back as strong as ever

David
David
5 years ago

Is Alive!!? Diaby is Alive??

Anonymous Physicist
Anonymous Physicist
5 years ago

It would be great to see Diaby in action a couple of times over the rest of the season. Also, I would be in favour of offering him a pay-as-you-play deal for next year. I don’t see how he’s going to find a new club on any other sort of deal, so it might as well be with us, and we’ll probably have one or two free spots in the 25 man squad anyway. I know I shouldn’t count on him ever being available, but it would be so great if we do get a couple of 20+ game seasons… Read more »

Si in Galway
Si in Galway
5 years ago

though it hasn’t been a good plan for a while. I guess Wenger simply can’t bear to let him go given just how great he could be. And this is exactly the kind of timing which keeps him on the books: out all seasons, comes back for the last 7 games, plays a blinder in a few, “unplayable” MOTM in one, new contract, injured 1st minute of next season.

Please let this cycle NOT continue.

Anonymous Physicist
Anonymous Physicist
Reply to  Si in Galway

The difference is that I’m suggesting we don’t account for him in our plans and we only pay him for games played.

Of course if another club can offer him a better deal he should go, but if no one does we wouldn’t lose much by keeping him around in this manner.

Rozza the samourai
Rozza the samourai
5 years ago

No worry, a healthy and fit Diaby will get into Arsenal and french national team in a short term. He eliminates many opposition players across the field without you noticing. Born to be a dominant figure in midfield. Unfortunately, born to get injured too. Another Ledley King in terms of injuries and getting into the side right away after injury (sorry we don’t normally talk about that buncn retired or not). Hope he has a better fate.

David
David
5 years ago

One of the reasons why i follow this club is because it gives the impression of having sensible employers, it feels they care first and foremost for the human side of the persons that make part of the team, for good or for bad. With this said, i think the most sensible thing to do with Diaby, and the most humanitarian thing to do is to give the guy a payement per played game to the guy, i dont think that would hurt us financially, and will give the lad a chance to play here and stay “in family”, Diaby… Read more »

Belfast Gooner
Belfast Gooner
Reply to  David

This is what makes Arsenal, they have more class than other teams, and loyalty to their players. Whether Diaby gets another contract or not, the bottom line is that he injured himself representing Arsenal Football club. He has tried to get back from injury to and put his body, perhaps even his future health, on the line to get back to play for the club. Yes he gets paid hansomely but this was the contract he was given. if he leaves at the end if the season, i feel he should get a good send off from the club. He… Read more »

Saffa Gooner
Saffa Gooner
5 years ago

Is this some kind of early April Fool’s Day thing?! Don’t break my heart blogs!

Tomáš Rosický's taste in music
Tomáš Rosický's taste in music
5 years ago

Diaby is back! Now that is literally like a new signing!!!

Jack
Jack
5 years ago

Great to know Diaby is fit again.

Heisenberg
Heisenberg
5 years ago

Good to Diaby in an Arsenal shirt.
He has been to hell and back with his injuries.
Fingers crossed he can stay fit…………

Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Reply to  Heisenberg

Good to see

Tenzo (No longer Theo's lover)
Tenzo (No longer Theo's lover)
5 years ago

Abou Diaby is the only footballer I’ve genuinely cried for because of his injuries. I don’t often cry for people I don’t know, but Abou has had me wrecked emotionally and reaching for Kleenex tissues – and not for the good reason one reaches for tissues. I hope he bosses the final weeks of the season and scores a million goals, if only to lull Arsene into a false sense of security about his injuries and earn another contract.

Diaby's body
Diaby's body

I’m back bitches!!!

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Diaby's body

Thanks for that lol!

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Paul

sorry I mean’t I laughed out loud!

Stringer Bell
Stringer Bell
5 years ago

I wonder how Dan Smith feels about ruining a players career. A shocking tackle in the last game of season if memory serves me well. Absolutely no need for it. Should have been banned from football for good and charged with assault and flogged in the streets for good measure.

Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding
Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding
Reply to  Stringer Bell

Oh, but his manager at the time said, “he’s an honest English lad, he’s not that kind of player. He’s caught Diaby a fraction late, Dan was really upset.”

Double98
Double98
Reply to  Stringer Bell

His own career pretty much died that day

he now is 28 and plays for Holland Park Hawks – after a career that would embarrass Gus Caesar

the cunt

Wangge
Wangge
Reply to  Double98

Holland Park Hawks. Ok lads, let’s find him and flogg him.

Dave Gooner
Dave Gooner
Reply to  Double98

Just watched it again. It really is a terrible tackle, and fully meant.

The cunt.

Pearson
Pearson
Reply to  Stringer Bell

Not to mention that the ball was out of play and I think Diaby was outside the field of play as well.

RoyKeane's Beard
RoyKeane's Beard
5 years ago

An Arteta-Coq midfield would be hella hard to break! I wish we get to see that combo,and it actually works.

Rozza the samourai
Rozza the samourai
5 years ago

Who would warm the bench then ? Just asking ?

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
5 years ago

A Diaby-Coq midfield would be even better.

Chris
Chris
5 years ago

Great to hear Diaby got some minutes. Obviously it is very unlikely he will get a new deal at Arsenal but I’d love nothing more than for him to get a few minutes going into the end of the season to wish him farewell and all the best in the future. I’d love it to bits if he scored a goal. Great on his day and such a shame for the lad that his career has been so adversely affected by injuries.

Reggie
Reggie
5 years ago

We’ll probably release him and he’ll stay fit for a whole season. Maybe a straight swap for Schneiderlin :-O

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
5 years ago

Glad to see just about the whole squad is fit again and giving each other some competition. We will start by giving Liverpool a thrashing this weekend and then show the others top four teams we mean business till the end of the season. Watch out Chelsea it’s your turn soon. COYG

Luxgooner
Luxgooner
5 years ago

He knocked out John Terry… What more do you want?!?

goonero
goonero
Reply to  Luxgooner

He damn near beheaded the man. Admirable effort.

Andy Mack
Andy Mack
5 years ago

Surprised Hayden didn’t play.
Any idea why?

Sideshow David
5 years ago

I still remember when he smashed the fuck outta the mugsmashers. He was channeling Paddy V in that game and then some. He made their entire midfield and attack want to be substituted. You could tell they didn’t even want to get close to the Diablo.

Save 75 cents
Save 75 cents
5 years ago

Diaby has declined to accept any payment for his recent spate of injuries…please stop chastising the man for staying on with us. He has sacrificed in equal measure to our commitment to him….

goonero
goonero
Reply to  Save 75 cents

I was so happy to read diaby’s name! It’s probably too much to believe he can put his injuries behind him and return to the senior squad and the top level of football but fuck if I don’t hope for him and back him all the way, whatever the outcome. I don’t know many, or indeed any, other club that would have stuck by diaby like we have done and in spite of what it may have cost us, financially or otherwise, I’m so glad we have.

Drew

Isn’t Hayden on loan?

Andy Mack
Andy Mack
Reply to  Drew

He’s still named in the squad on the AFC site but all silent since October………

Drew
5 years ago

I remember I saw Diaby and Cesc playing together just after they had both had their 1st team debuts. I really thought Diaby looked the better player, but I also thought that we were going to have the best midfield duo in the World.

Also I am sure I heard somewhere that during his previous injury he wasn’t taking his full wage (or even the whole wage) from the club until he had proved his fitness again.

Comedian
Comedian
5 years ago

Didny knew about this.only if this article would have been posted tomorrow. 🙂

barry wickings
barry wickings
5 years ago

Its a real shame how things work out in football you have Diaby who’s one of the most decent guys around no one can question his achievement to keep getting back on track after each injury lesser men would of give up ages ago, his devoutness to his religion and his family are second to none, its unfortunate but life goes on and hopefully he can stay at AFC in some sort of roll fingers crossed, legs crossed and if he has big balls cross them too “good luck Diaby”

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  barry wickings

Yeah, you have Diaby, a good, humble, and strong character, constantly beset by injuries, and then you see a cunt like John Terry last forever. It’s just not fair. Why couldn’t Dan Smith have snapped his leg in half instead of Diaby’s? The whole world would be a better place.

Emperor Wenger
Emperor Wenger
5 years ago

You poor fools. Now witness the power of this fully-fit Abou Diaby.

It's Bugzy Malone
It's Bugzy Malone
5 years ago

If fa cup success this season tastes like coca cola, then I’ll have a large coke and amaretto!!!!!

Gunnerzed
Gunnerzed
5 years ago

Here’s the question – If Diaby is offered a good ‘pay as you play’ contract with us, with no guarantee that he’ll stay fit or be in the 11 on form, does he take it? What if another team offer him a 1 year contract on better money? That’s the acid test. I love Diaby, I want him to stay but as has been mentioned time and time again, it’s all about the money? What offer would he take? What offer would you take?

Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns
5 years ago

It was amazing to see diaby again I can’t help but think if only with him… Could have put yaya toure’s mockery of a ‘box to box’ role to shame. Leonardo da Vinci once stated ‘simplicity is the ultimate sophistication’ and I think this quote sums up why I rate Diaby so much eerily well. He can tackle, pass and run with the ball, the simple core elements of football very well and i really miss him. On another note has anyone heard the relegation riddim by Bugzy Malone, boy it was fire, I was not expecting that haha !!

Henry! Chance!! Goal!!!
Henry! Chance!! Goal!!!
5 years ago

I feel weird that all our players are healthy. This is a strange feeling. Is this just me?

Paul
Paul

Ox, Ramsey, Welbeck?

Mpls
Mpls
Reply to  Paul

Something happen to Ramsey with Wales?

gooner 4life
5 years ago

if diaby plays before the end of the season I can see him getting injured again for another year. or two! but it really is a shame some animal ended his career. he woulda been orsum. apparently the bloke who did his ankle is now working in a call centre!

gooner 4life
5 years ago

also when is the FAcup semi final?

My Free Kick
My Free Kick
5 years ago

The first goal I ever saw live at The Arsenal was a Diaby curler from the left side of the box into the top right corner. It was a peach of strike and my angle (East stand near North bank) was the best viewpoint in the stadium. I could see it all the way from his foot to the back of the onion bag. We went on to beat Derby Co 5-1 that sunny day in Sept 09… And for that, he will always have a special place in my Arsenal memories!

Tim Stott
5 years ago

Always been a Diaby fan, would like to see him partner Coq. Think he hid when he played with Fabregas, but shone when Fab not there…

Alex
Alex

thought this was an April Fools

Trez
Trez
5 years ago

A fit diaby would get into our first 11 over Ramsey and Wilshere.
Deep down i keep hoping that he’ll do a rosicky or van rapist like turnaround.
Think about it, we’d be saving 25m needed to get a dm and he can also fit in as a b2b.
He’d be our yaya toure; only more skillful.

Toni
Toni
5 years ago

I think he will turn out good. He shoulda taken his time on the sidelines to build some muscles though. I may be wrong but muscle does seem to prevent some injuries, like the more you work out the stronger the muscles and cruciates, and the less the risk of muscle tear.