Your annual post about comments and comment policy

Hello everyone. Every so often we need to write a post about comments. That is: the comments you guys leave in discussion below each post.

The first thing I should remind you of, is that we have a comments policy that everyone is expected to abide by. You can read it here.

The rules are in place to make this website a place where people want to spend time. There are enough places on this world wide web of ours where manners and decency don’t exist, but this is not one of them.

Things are a bit difficult at the moment, so passions are high, we understand that. All we would ask if that if you’re debating or even arguing with somebody, stick to the point without making it personal.

Play the ball, not the man etc. Name calling, personal attacks, there’s no need for it. We’re all adults here. Mostly.

Football would be boring without differences of opinion, but you don’t get healthy debate if you call someone a nasty name or try and divide them using silly Internet acronyms. We’re all Arsenal fans, we don’t all have to agree, but the least we can do is have manners and remain civil.

Also, if you are going to go to the trouble of leaving a comment, stop and think if it’s really acceptable. Like, if you compare the manager to one serial killer, then come back and correct yourself to compare him to a different serial killer, you probably need to rethink your … well … life.

And you’ve just wasted your time because that comment is not going to get published.

We’ve also changed the comment system very slightly, you can still rate comments etc, but hopefully this version is quicker and doesn’t require the entire page to load again. You can also sort comments by oldest, newest and most rated. If you have any feedback on this, leave a comment!

If you want an avatar beside your name, go to gravatar.com and register your email there. If you use that email in the email field here, your chosen avatar will show up.

Finally, I’m aware that people sometimes get caught in our moderation queue. This can be for quite a number of reasons, and I don’t want to reveal them, but we can take a look if you email us and we can try to get you sorted.

Thanks as ever for your attention, and in advance for your cooperation, and here’s a table full of puppies just because who wouldn’t want a table full of puppies.

Squillaci Assault
Squillaci Assault

Boooooooooorrrriiiiiiiiiiiingggggg!!! Where’s the fighting pit? 😀

Fergal (not my real name)
Fergal (not my real name)
3 years ago

Right here buddy! Bring it on ?

goonero
goonero
3 years ago

I think your name is dumb and that you smell like farts. Come at me bro.

Third Plebeian
Third Plebeian
Reply to  goonero

Isn’t here, or hereabouts, that one is meant to see, apropos of nothing, a thumbs poll about whether Wenger should go or stay?

Bob\'s Mexican Cousin
Bob\'s Mexican Cousin
Reply to  Third Plebeian

Who thinks polls are stupid?

Tasmanian Jesus
Tasmanian Jesus

I love polls..

Gooooooooonnnnaaaaaaaa
Gooooooooonnnnaaaaaaaa
Reply to  Third Plebeian

My brain tells me Wenger should leave, my heart tells me there’s no way Wenger can leave this way. He’s done so much for football, let alone Arsenal. Such a purist, and gave everything to this club, whether that was enough or not, he’ll always be a legend at this club.

Clive St Helmet
Clive St Helmet
Reply to  goonero

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. No, not particularly original but still funny.

Mein Bergkampf
3 years ago

I have opinions that the world must hear! No censorship, no surrender!

Danny
Danny

What a load of rubbish

Danny
Danny
Reply to  Danny

Just kidding

clins
clins
3 years ago

wenger compared to ted bundy and dahmer . talk about overeacting.

love the new comment system blogs and moderation does happen every once in a while for me .

cygan\'sbaldspot
cygan\'sbaldspot
3 years ago

Nice one. Having once seen the LeGrove comments section, the Stoke of shit football blogs, I’m really glad this exists. Cheers to (most) people for keeping the discussion sane, on point and with decent spelling.

clins
clins
3 years ago

dammit my comment on moderation is awaiting moderation.

akag9
akag9

Puppies!
So, no serial killers. Got it. Dictayots? Mugabe no, Fidel ok? Hitler -duh, Stalin -DUH! Putin ok?

Different levels for AW v board (all c***s) and SK (Mechac***t)?

We need more clarity! 😉

Or is it “I know I’m not publishing this when I see it”?

gee
gee
3 years ago

wow never seen a table full of puppies before – what an experience – thanks blogs

Dave
Dave
Reply to  gee

They looked dead! Would make great gloves!

Shire Gooner
Shire Gooner
Reply to  Dave

You Sir, owe me the sum of 20 pence for making me cover my keyboard in coffee. Legend.

IndianGooner
IndianGooner

My 1st ever comment on this site! Seems apt :p

Chrispy
Chrispy
3 years ago

I always get moderated and I don’t remember being abusive or racist. I tried a couple of emails , same thing. Maybe because it’s my French name.

Yankee Gooner
Yankee Gooner
Reply to  arseblog

For which I, for one, am thankful.

Bob\'s Mexican Cousin
Bob\'s Mexican Cousin
Reply to  Yankee Gooner

You and me brother! Although I get moderated all the time too…

New guy
New guy
Reply to  arseblog

Wow, three people (so far) have given blogs a thumbs down for not moderating based on nationality of names…I think that’s sad.

midgunner
midgunner
Reply to  Chrispy

Yeah I don’t get why moderation seems to happen randomly, it’s pretty annoying when you’ve typed the comment.

Is there a list of certain words the system picks up on?

vital
vital
3 years ago

What a lovely day it is.

Third Plebeian
Third Plebeian
Reply to  vital

Down with you!

Arsene\'s zip
Arsene\'s zip
3 years ago

Just to be clear, are we still allowed to call John Terry a cunt?

Arsene\'s zip
Arsene\'s zip
Reply to  arseblog

Good news, I was about to start a protest and hire a plane.

As far as I am aware I have never insulted anyone but the aforementioned cunt, and perhaps Phil Collins… Any chance you can check why I’m being moderated?

Clive St Helmet
Clive St Helmet
Reply to  Arsene\'s zip

I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In… Read more »

Clive St Helmet
Clive St Helmet
3 years ago

I think of this quote whenever Blogs (rightly) criticises Big Phil Collins.

Godfrey Twatsloch
Godfrey Twatsloch
3 years ago

I’ve been a big Chelsea fan ever since the arrival of Diego Costa. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was with Costa where Chelsea’s presence became more apparent. I think the sending off of Gabriel was Costa’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding team constellations. Jose, take off your robe. Look at the brilliant ensemble playing of Cahill, Terry and Costa. You can practically see every nuance of every foul. Roman, remove your dress. In terms… Read more »

Arse City Blues
Arse City Blues
3 years ago

That is both a great film/book reference, and absolute proof that the moderation is fucked.

Dave
Dave
Reply to  Arsene\'s zip

That’s such an offense to cunts

Dave
Dave
3 years ago

Who needs football discussions when you have puppies

vipz
3 years ago

I wonder why this so called billionair owners of my dear arsenal turn to be more greedy by not spending to build a star studded winsome team; thus by cyphoning the teams profit margins by at the expense and bogus excuse of top 4
They the top brass must change this odd attitude, its taking us no where…?

vipz
3 years ago

Wenger must go no questions about it; he wasted over a decade building a team incapable of excelling at the highest level; for 20 yrs plus and no continental glory by winning silverwares

Alan Pardew\'s Peaches and Pear Emporium
Alan Pardew\'s Peaches and Pear Emporium
3 years ago

What ever happened to FatGooner? Did he ride into the sunset with Rambling Pete?

Frog
Frog
3 years ago

He probably left because he grew ill of being slandered for being proven correct all time.

PodB
PodB
3 years ago

Let’s hire a plane with “Bring Back Fat Gooner and Rambling Pete” banner … I miss those guys and their banter. Perhaps they were the same person? Doubt it. Fuck the 2-week interlull (apart from Poldi’s strike). We will need balls of steel to make top four but always finish strong. Like Poldi. And The FA Cup would be a good way to go. COYG

Jonas
Jonas
3 years ago

Nice, new interface. Like it.

Uncle D
Uncle D

Wenger out. NOW

uncle D
uncle D
Reply to  Uncle D

? very funny!

ramgooner
ramgooner
3 years ago

It’s usually that time in the season where we’d all get our hopes up again by a LANS. But, given the shitstorm we are in i will gladly take the new interface to be the LANS of this season.

Ray Middleton
Ray Middleton
3 years ago

I was fortunate to miss the debacle on Saturday because I was buying myself a guitar. IT wasn’t an original American made but an equally rare Japanese made. Left handed as well. Why I mentioning this well I see that for the last ten years, we had the excuse that Arsene Wenger hasn’t had the spending power because of the Stadium. Soon as the sanctions were lifted we brought in Alexis Sanchez but we needed a goal keeper a defensive midfielder and you could argue a striker, (although I loved Podolski and felt he was not played in his rightful… Read more »

Twatsloch
Twatsloch
Reply to  Ray Middleton

Aria?

Keith Mascarenhas
Keith Mascarenhas
3 years ago

Thanks a lot for the fantastic work on your blog! 🙂

Russ
Russ
3 years ago

Cheers bloggs. And thanks for the site and all the efforts you guys put in to it.

Silberlöwe
Silberlöwe
3 years ago

Oh I notice we are all guests now, how lovely, I assume that means Blogs will provide drinks and dinner?

Lord Nicki B
Lord Nicki B
3 years ago

Considering all the uncertainty and negativity around the club, I wouldn’t mind honestly if Blogs just posted dog pictures day in day out till the whole mess is sorted.

Runzac
Runzac
3 years ago

I´ve been around and given up on many comment sections due to trolls and negativity that lingers insanity. By far my favourite blogsite and comment section and nowadays – in the darkest days for Arsenal fans – there are positive reactions amongst the Wenger out comments

santori
santori

Thanks Andrew

This is one of the best moderated and MOST inclusive of Arsenal blogs.

I’ve been on other (unmentionable) sites which have remained popular ONLY for acolites who two the same opinions.

The great thing about Arseblog and long may it continue is you do not limit the range of opinions.

There are no wrong opinions even if I don’t agree with some.;)

santori
santori
3 years ago

That pic is the dogs bollocks. Priceless.

uncle D
uncle D
3 years ago

Lovely puppies and new look!

uncle D
uncle D
3 years ago

Trying out the gravater! Here we go….

Vincent Adultman
Vincent Adultman
3 years ago

To be clear, when you say ‘we are all adults here’, I’m three kids stacked on top of each other in a rain coat. I must now go to the stock market to do a business.

\'Murica
\'Murica
3 years ago

Here’s to the new comment system working well.

BidOnLard
BidOnLard
3 years ago

On the new system it’s not as obvious if one has upvoted/downvoted a comment.
I still think blogs and news should use the same system, the arses one is a bit off…
Off – Poldi scores a rocket vs England for a farewell 😀 it was always gonna happen

JAL
JAL
3 years ago

Podolski goal vs England. Pick jaw up from the floor. Miss him.

baz00r
baz00r
Reply to  JAL

I just always loved Podolski, he just seem to be such a nice fellow. Gutted his Arsenal career didn’t work out for him, although I think that was more due to Wenger not being able to accommodate the guy, if he ever played a different system I think Podolski could have worked. Oh well

Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee

Love the puppies.

Bacary Lasagna
Bacary Lasagna
3 years ago

Wow these new comments are very flashy! Cheers Blogs! And thanks for all the puppy photos, they’re actually helping a lot.

Woody
Woody
3 years ago

While this airplane sign thing is popular… For the next home game I would like to see a sign in the air that says “Up the Arseblog” and hang a few of James’es track suits out the back of the aircraft. Think we could crowdfund something like this?

Bill
Bill
3 years ago

That is the cutest table of puppies I’ve ever seen! Let’s all forget about serial killers at least until the next episode of criminal minds.

Uhtred of bergkampburg
Uhtred of bergkampburg

I love arseblog

Baz00r
Baz00r
3 years ago

Comments look much nicer on the app now, very shmick, nice work.

Me You
Me You
3 years ago

I am deeply ashamed to admit I found the serial killer comments highly amusing. But, yes I agree, not appropriate for civil debate, and I’m in total agreement with keeping this site clean from the nets more vile aspects. Thanks

tomorrowsgonner
tomorrowsgonner
3 years ago

Wenger does not want to leave it like this….but we need strong leadership which is lacking from the board to tell him enough is enough and we ‘the club’ deserve a better football team to watch and support. Simple as that. He cannot be allowed to behave like he owns the joint….He is not bigger than us ” the club’. His arrogant statements are now frankly insulting.

vipz
3 years ago

Wenger joined an arsenal team full of experienced star studded players; he changed that philosophy in course of time by blending experience with the inexperience; his idea is not helping the team nowadays

vipz
3 years ago

The top brass of the team need to sit up; in todays football you spend more on players to get more dividends; this’s what one must understand before investing in football
For God sake this’s top flight football not the championship

john
john
3 years ago

Hi blogs this new comments system is great but the like and dislike button is causing me some distress.
I have partial colorblindness and find the clash of green and red straining on the eyes!
Please could the like/dislike button return to the old separate green and red icons?That would be absolutely perfect. Regards

john
john
Reply to  arseblog

It’s fine when they’re grey. Only when there’s a vote both ways the red and green boxes merge together, to conflict and become unclear. Any chance of placing a line between the two parts or even a centimeter between them as in the old system? I understand it is probably a template and unchangeable, but cheers.

Suvidude
Suvidude
3 years ago

Let’s play them at back four next game…

Tasmanian Jesus
Tasmanian Jesus
3 years ago

Thanks for the lesson social science professor!

But what i wanted to say was….how they get the puppies to do that?
They gotta be stuffed animals, right??

Bould\'s Eyeliner
Bould\'s Eyeliner

😉 HI ANDREW

OD
OD
3 years ago

I wouldn’t, they scare me.

Ivan Naidoo
Ivan Naidoo
3 years ago

I’m an Arsenal fan. Just like most of u I’m not happy with Wenger’s policies regarding player procurement. He seems very two minded on the players he buys. He also never seems to buying right players. He needs to do his homework well in advance and stop doing panic buys.