Ramsey, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang on Arsenal 5-1 Everton

Aaron Ramsey, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang spoke to BT Sports after today’s enjoyable 5-1 win over Everton.

Here’s what they had to say.

On a good day’s work and a hat-trick

Ramsey: I’m delighted, my first hat-trick so it’s one of those moments to remember, but full credit to the team who played some really good attacking football in the first half and the game was won in the first half really. We’ve got to keep that focus and quality for the rest of the season.

A goal on your debut for Aubameyang

Auba: I was really happy, we won the game on the fist half. The second was a bit different but we’re all happy today.

On renewing the Dortmund partnership

Mkhitaryan: Yeah, I’m very happy for that, not only because I assisted Auba but also Aaron. I think it was a well deserved win, we have to keep doing the same for the next games and get more points.

On Aubameyang being not 100% this week and what’s to come from him

Ramsey: If that’s not him at 100% we’ve got a player on our hands here. Well done to him, he scored on his debut, Mikhi getting a few assists and hopefully there’s a lot more to come and they can help us now push and finish the season strongly.

Is there more to come from you?

Aubameyang: Yeah, I think so [laughs]

Does Arsenal suit the way you play?

Mkhitaryan: Yes, I think so. We played good attacking football in the first half, in the second it was a bit more difficult because we were leading 4-0. I can say that I really like the way Arsenal plays and I hope to do my best.

Goonerink
Goonerink
2 years ago

Arsenal like the way you play too mkhi, completely different to sanchez who in hindsight was completely different to arsenal.

Cdm995
Cdm995
Reply to  Goonerink

Had anyone hear s of this mkhitaryan bloke before? Dunno where we found him but he’s absolutely killing it. Whoever sold him must be out of his mind. ?

Liana
Liana
Reply to  Cdm995

He’s the pride of Armenia, moved from Man united Maurino was the mad out of his mead guy.

Lettra
Lettra
Reply to  Goonerink

Truth .. We might have landed a better guy for us. Don’t get me wrong Alexis was a beast but he was more of a lone’er I think a one man army at his best. Miki seems more like Özil in that he makes the rest of the team better.

Dave M
Dave M
Reply to  Lettra

Well put, Alexis did a heck of a lot for Arsenal and you can never question what he put out there on the pitch. I agree totally Miky seems such a good fit. Obviously early days, but what a start

Reply to  Goonerink

He keeps the ball better.

Alexis is better instigating but Mhki’s movement is very efficient.

We now have 3 very versatile creative types behind the main striker in Mhki,Ramsey and Ozil.

Its just behind them that you get a bit worried with Granit but he was well supported today and had a decent game I thought.

Hairy Bottle
Hairy Bottle
2 years ago

Iwobi was very good too. Playing with good players alway helps ; )

pharquhar
pharquhar
Reply to  Hairy Bottle

I’m not entirely convinced that Iwobi is a starter but today he was very good.

Lettra
Lettra
Reply to  Hairy Bottle

Yeah so much potential there .. Looking better game for game Seems like blowing of some steam at that party he went to on the eve of Facup (read fuckup) was all he needed.

Wezza
Wezza
Reply to  Lettra

I think with young players you have to let them play and learn the odd thing on the job. More than anyone I bet Iwobi and Bellerin are buzzing tonight (in a good way lol). Playing with top top players and holding their own. Good on them

Ainsley\'s Mum
Ainsley\'s Mum
Reply to  Hairy Bottle

I think he will benefit hugely from playing with Mkhi. Wenger seems to have a lot of faith in Iwobi.

Espen
Espen
Reply to  Hairy Bottle

Iwobi was defensively focus, i hope he can carry on.

Exiledgooner
Exiledgooner
2 years ago

Stout gentlemen all, and how very nice it is to put a team to the sword again. That petulant Chilean will not be missed by the look of things. Good show!

David C
David C
Reply to  Exiledgooner

and Sanchez missed another penalty today, but luckily knocked the rebound home. his attitude was typical of when he played with us, I get the feeling he’s never happy!

I hope we sign Rambo and Wilshere soon as well.

Zenithreptile
Zenithreptile
2 years ago

I am a little bit excited

Anonymarse
Anonymarse
Reply to  Zenithreptile

Little bit

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Anonymarse

My excitement continues…:-)

eternalflamini
eternalflamini
2 years ago

That moment when Auba scored… By god that was special.

Ngeno
Ngeno

Thank you guys.

Chippy87
Chippy87
2 years ago

Welcome to The Arsenal lads.

Gunnersaurus\'s Lovet
Gunnersaurus\'s Lovet
2 years ago

That has to be THE best homedebute by a new signing I’ve seen under Wenger. Micki did everything right, the c**t Jose might have played himself again here letting a world class player go.

Jsergio
Jsergio
2 years ago

Well, that was the most excited I have felt about an Arsenal attack since…well let’s just say a long time. Well done lads. I feel refreshed.

onenil
onenil
2 years ago

I like the way Arsenal play too Mkhi! At least I did today.

Runzac
Runzac
2 years ago

I´m drooling over Ramsey – Özil – Mkhi – Auba. Add Wilshire to the mix somehow and then we don’t have to defend at all (not that we have been doing that)

Goonerink
Goonerink
Reply to  Runzac

I’d like to see him replace iwobi in the team, might not work but I see him being effective in the same way mkhi is.

Wezza
Wezza
Reply to  Goonerink

Thing is Iwobi’s young and athletic. Did you seem him charging back today to help out.
Nice problems to have though

Ainsley\'s Mum
Ainsley\'s Mum
Reply to  Goonerink

Iwobi is a natural wide player though and I dunno if Wilshere would work so well out there. Think he’s just got to fight for his spot with Ramsey and Ozil tbh

High gunner
High gunner
Reply to  Runzac

How about lacazette too??

Anonymarse
Anonymarse
Reply to  High gunner

Still plenty of love on here for Lacazette

PBM
PBM
Reply to  Runzac

And iwobi was very good today Linking up possession…

Dave M
Dave M
Reply to  PBM

If you think Iwobi was shit today and one of those down voters then you truely don’t know a thing about football.

Pedant
Pedant
2 years ago

Great game, all three of them. Keep it up home and away please.

assistantref
assistantref
2 years ago

I must say, Ramsey played ever so well today.

Emily
Emily
Reply to  assistantref

Played like a baller today! more of the same, please.

Emily
Emily
2 years ago

Auba going clean through after that brilliant Ozil pass…So henry-sque..exhilarating stuff!

GFSammy
GFSammy
Reply to  Emily

Wish i could upvote again

Teryima Adi
Teryima Adi

The Three Musketeers

Reply to  Teryima Adi

Indeed.

behind the main striker of either Aubameyang or Lacazette:

Ozil, Ramsey Mhkitaryan.

Chidi
Chidi
2 years ago

Mkhitaryan was awesome, Utd just made me forget about how good this guy is. His defensive side was on point too. By far not just a luxury player. What’s to say about Auba… That’s as good a debut goal as they come….. Congratulations to Ramsey for his first Career Arsenal hattrick.
Ozil on the ball in his stride feels like him dancing on clouds. Gutted Monreal was denied a goal today. He’s just so good and he’s ours… ?
Special mention to Iwobi….. Had a fabulous game.

Reply to  Chidi

I think as good as his contributions up top were, his defensive awareness may be key in getting better efficiency from Granit.

But excellent assists (hattrick?)

Faded a bit but likely a little bit due to age but largely due to lack of playing time thanks to Moanrinho.

redsy
redsy
2 years ago

Delighted after FAT SAMS comments about how weak we are etc …
Great to take a team apart again like that

Merteslacker
Merteslacker
Reply to  redsy

Also delighted that it was Fat Sam’s 500th EPL game in charge. we sure handed it to him

TeeCee
TeeCee
Reply to  Merteslacker

The walrus faced git should just be grateful that we let him have one…

Kwame Ampadu Down
Kwame Ampadu Down
2 years ago

Good win & a lot to be happy with but let’s not get carried away again. (As people did after previous two home games)
Home form has been good all season. The Totts away next week a much bigger test. I’d br8ng both Jack & Elneny back in, for Xhaka & Iwobi.

Wezza
Wezza
2 years ago

I’d definitely bring Elneny in for Xhaka. Not that Xhaka wasn’t good today but in the heat of the NLD I dont think he’s controlled enough and I think Elneny will sit back and allow the attack to do their thing while he tries to help stop any counters.
I’d stay with Iwobi because of his athleticism

Reply to  Wezza

Difficult decision.

Elneny doesn’t bring the extra that Granit has when he is truly on song but he is more diligent with the defensive work.

The other issue is we seem to still have difficulty sustaining the intensity through 90minutes. Significant drop off in second half granted we were 4 up.

There is room all round for players to swap in and give fresh legs so we can keep up the effort in the engine room so I don’t think its a zero sum game. May need both just like when Jack came in for Ramsey.

Reply to  Wezza

I’ve been saying this for a while.

He’s a young player but Iwobi has plenty of strength and is not so easily ushed off a ball.

Plus his first touch is bordering the sublime and he has great feet.

In the squad, only Jack gives us the same sort of dribbling ability.

What Iwobi does is what Alexis use to which is to engage and instigate the opponents thereby provoke them to commit and create space.

shokim
shokim
2 years ago

Well done guys! Now let’s bring that home form with us to our away games, beginning with the NLD next week.

Brodo
Brodo
Reply to  shokim

But Wembley is our second home

Reply to  Brodo

Lets pummel the Spurs.

Not happy with just the 5-1. Lets maul the Spurts please.

Red Cannon
Red Cannon
Reply to  shokim

But Wembley is basically home for us in recent times. Let’s have another 5-1 win next week.

Sean Juba
Sean Juba
2 years ago

Agree with all the comments. Breath of fresh air today. Sanchez can stay with that classless turd in Manchester.. miki works hard, more to come from Auba and is that a Welsh Jesus appearing before me? And always nice to turn over fat Sam. Well done to the fans for the Theo reception – that was class.

Monkey knees
Monkey knees
2 years ago

Xhaka’s best game for a long while. Pleasing.

jon
jon
Reply to  Monkey knees

My jury’s still out on Granit, but Iwobi had a great match.

Reply to  jon

Better from Granit.

Still some issues with tracking back and awareness.

I think Mhkitaryan may be a massive influence for Granit if he can help the Swiss in that midfield.

Man Manny
Man Manny
2 years ago

Make the best of the remaining matches this season, sign a top keeper, CB and DM, and then give other teams the fright they deserve next season.
Happy days are here again.

EmeritusDave
EmeritusDave
Reply to  Man Manny

This. Yes. We might scrape into top 4, but now it’s all about settling the new boys, overhauling the defensive side over summer, then launching into the league renewed and ready next season!

GunnerdareMkd
GunnerdareMkd
2 years ago

Auba is rely looking like a nice guy when he is giving and interview and also a little bit shy I think dortmund and german media labeled him a bad guy so they can have an excuse when they sold him.

Some papers in Germany were referring to auba that he is a monkey auba also posted itself on social media and that is were it all broke down because after auba posting that dormund din’t get behind him to protect him and after that auba did all he can do to leave.

Elvis
Elvis
Reply to  GunnerdareMkd

Auba was not directly called monkey.
The chief reporter of the football newspaper “Kicker” said the following:
„Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass Aubameyang in München den gleichen –Affenzirkus– veranstalten könnte.”
Which basically means: “I can’t imagine that Aubameyang could do the same bullsh*t in munich”

The word “Affenzirkus” is not racist ^^

Shaun
Shaun
Reply to  Elvis

Auba the real gun…can’t wait for lacazzz to release his gunners

Lack of Perspective
Lack of Perspective
Reply to  Elvis

Clutching at straws. Some phrases should be put to bed. Like gypsies. The word comes from egyptians travels. As an egyptian i didnt even know that or take offence to it. Some people did though and they got rid of it. Fair enough.

PC goes to far sometimes but sometimes its ok to let go of a word or two. Its not as big of a deal as people make out.

Eric Blair
Eric Blair
Reply to  Elvis

But the journalist didn’t use ‘bullshit’, or ‘Blödsinn’, which he could have. ‘Affenzirkus’ in itself isn’t racist as you say, it means messing around. But you have to see the context as the journalist was busy doing a hatchet job on Auba. We all know how racist language is used, including deniable racist language (see Trump), and a journalist should be more circumspect when talking exclusively about an African player. Look at it this way, if Phil Neville was talking about Iwobi misbehaving and staying out late would he use the phrase ‘monkeying around’ to describe it? I wouldn’t think… Read more »

TeeCee
TeeCee
Reply to  Eric Blair

Then again, just maybe the sort of people who study every word to ensure that it complies with nuspeak should just get a fucking life.

Sean Juba
Sean Juba
2 years ago

I thought iwobi played well today. Nothing spectacular but stolid, tracked back and grafted. ?

Man Manny
Man Manny

Major difference between Alexis:
Alexis tried to make hinself a better player while Mkhitaryan tries to make the team better.
One game yet I know, it was plain obvious from his decision making.

Puffy
Puffy
2 years ago

Good bye Jack wilshere always was and will be my favourite player

Arsepedant
Arsepedant
Reply to  Puffy

WTF?!

Indian Gooner
Indian Gooner
Reply to  Puffy

You mad bro?

Puffy
Puffy
2 years ago

wow iwobi was actually not useless

I AM ARSENAL
I AM ARSENAL
2 years ago

Thought Iwobi was just as good as these three today and with Ozil conducting everything it was beautiful at times in the first half.

Reply to  I AM ARSENAL

Iwobi was excellent.

Great first touch always. Fantastic feet. keeps the ball moving (largely forward)quickly, and tries to win the ball back with strength.

He’s a young player.

Too many people criticise him without much thinking.

I think Iwobi can be massive for us. He has the sort of dribbling and power Jack gives us but also he is the type of player who can somewhat replicate the instigator role which Alexis played running at defenses and getting them to commit (thereby opening space up).

It\'s up for grabs now.
It\'s up for grabs now.
2 years ago

Miki definitely looks like a team player, not like that primadonna dog shagging Sanchez.

Chrispy
Chrispy
2 years ago

Enjoyed that. Thanks lads.

Georgeycharles
Georgeycharles
2 years ago

Fantastic debut for the new guys and Aaron with a timely reminder just how good he can be. I have to say though, my heart went out to Theo just a bit, seeing him have to trudge back to the away dressing room , at what was his home for so long.

lessthanthesumoftheirparts
lessthanthesumoftheirparts
Reply to  Georgeycharles

Too right, good on Theo. He should have had a goal and was their best player on the night. Yet fat Sam hooked him on the hour – the sweat-drenched wallrus foreskin.

Stuck on repeat...
Stuck on repeat...
2 years ago

Agreed. Thought Theo played quite well. Felt bad for him too, & you could see how the fans support got to him when he left the pitch. That was a class act by the fans.

Believe Theo will come good though. His goals last week were an indication of that. Feel that sometimes AW didn’t know what to do with him & how to coach the best from him. I wish Theo well.

Gunnerjoe
Gunnerjoe
2 years ago

Looking like a Pl winning team if we can just stay at home

James Bassey
James Bassey
2 years ago

Alex iwobi was awesome today

Tasmanian Jesus
Tasmanian Jesus
2 years ago

I really like what I saw today.
Its been a while, maybe a couple of years, but damn…I think Im falling for Arsenal all over again!

More Please
More Please

That was fun.
Maybe we don’t need remember to defend if the other team don’t remember more.

Reply to  More Please

Second half was not as good. Some poor habits crept in again.

Still early days.

Sustaining this sort of effort both away and through 90 minutes is the issue.

The midfield engine has to keep ticking but we started to slow down second half.

2 years ago

I really love the way the team played

Insider9
Insider9

We play attacking football unlike your former club, Mkhi 🙂

2 years ago

Best move for me was the Aubameyang lay off to Mhkitaryan and then Mhki back to Ramsey for the finish.

Oh Mhki you so fine you so fine you break my mind hey Mhki, hey Mhki!

Channeling inner Tony Basel.

Big Dave
Big Dave
2 years ago

Us football fans are so fickle and two faced aren’t we? Reading the comments, what a difference a week makes…. Let’s extend Wengers contract for five years….. That’s irony btw for the people with sense of humour bypasses.

Superfrog
Superfrog
Reply to  Big Dave

If he delivers a trophy and a CL spot , there is no reason not to extend the contract .

Dan
Dan
2 years ago

Ooh I sense optimism among us!! ? it’s been a while!

OboyMeYoung
OboyMeYoung
2 years ago

If these 3 are creating chaos alongside Ozil and Iwobi, then forget about LMAO, Let it be MARIO
Miki