Arsenal have confirmed changes to the ticket purchase process for red and silver members that will come into effect from next season.
Whereas red and silver members are currently allotted a time slot to log into the club’s ticket portal to make a purchase, they will now enter into ‘exclusive ticket ballots’ for Premier League, FA Cup and European matches.
Tickets for the Carabao Cup will be made available as before during specific sales windows.
Arsenal says “the change is being introduced to provide the fairest and most convenient method for members to purchase these tickets.”
In February, the club also confirmed that four fewer games will be included in the price of a general admission season ticket from next season. Season ticket prices will also go up by an average of 5%.
The changes come as part of a wider review into the ticketing frustration experienced by members this season where demand has far outstripped supply; a situation exacerbated by abuse of the existing infrastructure by touts which has led to large numbers of tickets ending up in the hands of third-party agents.
The club has also committed additional manpower and technological improvements to safeguard against future abuse by touts and bots.
Things to note:
- Ballot timings for silver members will be 6-8 weeks before home games, for red members it will be 4-6 weeks. Cup games will have tighter turnarounds.
- Dates for ballot registration will be advertised by the club and you’ll be able to sync them to your calendar.
- Those wishing to attend with friends and family will be able to be balloted together.
- If the number of registrations for the ballot does not exceed the number of tickets, everyone in the ballot will be successful.
- If you are a parent or guardian and you’d like to attend a fixture with a Junior Gunner member, you will be able to enter a dedicated ballot for tickets in the Family Enclosure.
- Once a fixture sells out, you will now be able to buy and sell your match ticket on the club’s Ticket Exchange, offering additional flexibility if you’re unable to attend a game.