You are welcome to comment on any Arseblog News article. By doing so you agree to our comment policy.
- You are responsible for the content of your comment. Arseblog News cannot moderate comments 24 hours a day.
- Debate is welcome, as are differences of opinion, but personal abuse of Arseblog News authors, or other commentators, will not be tolerated. Such comments will be deleted. If you can’t make your point without resorting to abuse then please find somewhere else to comment.
- Forget about the anonymity of the keyboard and the username – speak to people like you would speak to them face to face.
- You may not use half-witted, shitbox acronyms like AKB or WOB to describe fellow Arsenal fans simply because their opinion differs from yours. Similarly ‘Wengerites’ is another stupid, divisive phrase which may not be used.
- Keep comments on topic, ‘play the ball, not the man’.
- We reserve the right to edit/delete comments as we see fit.
- You agree to use real English. No text speak is permitted. Please use ‘you are‘, not ‘u r‘ etc. Not every sentence needs a ‘lol’. Comments using text speak will not be published.
- You may use links relevant to the post in your comments. Any other link will be deemed spam and such comments deleted. This includes blatant links to your own blog/website. There is space to include this in the comment form. Please do not include them in the body of the comment itself.
- We don’t mind swear words but do not use racist, sexist or homophobic language. Do not use the word ‘yid’ to talk about Sp*rs.
- You may use an avatar – sign up at Gravatar to set yours. We cannot offer any support in this matter.
- There is a zero tolerance policy in relation to spam of all kinds.
- Nobody gives a fish’s tit if you’re the first to comment on an article. Any such comments will be removed, repeated offenders will be banned.
- We have a zero tolerance approach to trolling.
- Do not tell somebody to go and support another club just because you disagree with their point of view. That’s stupid. Don’t be stupid.
- Do not use the word rape to describe a football result or performance.
- If your comment is awaiting moderation, please be patient. We often have to sort through a load of nonsense and it’s not personal. If your comment does not appear, you probably need to read through this policy more closely.
- Extremism of any kind will not be tolerated. Football? Wenger? Politics? Biscuits? Doesn’t matter.
- You may not use the term ‘fake news’. It’s really fucking stupid.
- Don’t impersonate, or pretend to be something or someone you’re not.
- We have an entirely separate section regarding comments on posts about Arsenal Women. Read that here.
- Bottom line: don’t be a dickhead. The world is full of them at the moment, and we all need an escape.
This policy may be updated from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of the latest version.
©Arseblog News – Last update: July 2020