Tomas Rosicky has spoken publically about his future with the Gunners and revealed that Arsene Wenger has no intention of selling him ahead of the new season.
The Czech Republic international was thought to be one of a number of players set to be culled by the Frenchman this summer but made clear that despite not being guaranteed regular football he wishes to stay at Arsenal.
The 30-year-old was rewarded with a new contract at the Emirates in January 2010 even though he had missed a significant portion of the two preceding seasons.
Speaking to iDNES.cz, the former Borussia Dortmund man remarked:
“I don’t want to go somewhere where I would have it easier and where even the ordinary life would be easier for me. I want to achieve something with Arsenal.
“On Monday, I am starting pre-season with Arsenal. Before vacation I was speaking with coach Wenger and he told me he counted on my services and that there was no intention of selling me.”
A close friend of club captain Cesc Fabregas off the field, the midfielder also made clear that he had no idea whether the Spaniard would be staying in London.
“I was talking to him on the phone recently, but I don’t know,” said Rosicky.
“Even if I knew, I wouldn’t tell. I would like to see him stay because he is a good mate as well as an excellent football player.”
News of Rosicky’s likely stay comes quick off the heels of a statement from the agent of Denilson who hinted his client was also expecting to stay with Arsenal despite publically revealing his intention to leave last month.
Playing down rumours of a move to AC Milan, representative Gerardo Santiago told Calcio Mercato:
“Currently there are no negotiations. The only certainty right now is that Denilson will be at training with Arsenal on July 7.
“With Wenger we often talk about other issues, but we have never touched on the topic of a possible departure for Denilson.”
While Denilson and Rosicky look certs to make the pre-season tour of the Far East the likelihood of French duo Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy joining them appears uncertain. Both players were heavily linked today with a move to Manchester City with Roberto Mancini reportedly ready to offer a combined fee of £27 million.