Provisional dates for next season’s Premier League fixtures were released this morning and we’ve been poring over the timing of some of the more noteworthy showdowns.
For starters, Arsenal (in our brand new Adidas kit) will travel to Newcastle on the Sunday of the opening weekend (broadcast on Sky Sports) and we conclude the season with a derby at home against Watford.
In between…well, it’s going to be tough work. Here’s our review.
When are the North London derbies?
(H) 31 August 2019
(A) 25 April 2020
When do we first play the new boys?
(H) Aston Villa, 21 September 2019
(A) Sheffield United, 19 October 2019
(A) Norwich, 30 November 2019
Big 6 showdowns
- We face Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United before the end of September.
- Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United are opponents in the space of two weeks over Christmas.
- If we get our sh*t together, we could win the league at White Hart Lane on April 25 – the same day as Arsene’s Invincibles. That would be followed by a guard of honour from the Scousers. Wishful thinking…
When is the worst run?
Honestly, it looks like we have a tough start, a tough middle and a tough end.
- Newcastle, Burnley, Liverpool and Sp*rs for the first four games isn’t particularly appealing.
- Someone has a sense of humour pitting us against Crystal Palace, Wolves and Leicester in succession again – this time in November.
- Our festive season run includes games against Manchester City, Everton, Chelsea and Manchester United – the last is currently scheduled for New Year’s Day at the Emirates.
- Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool and Sp*rs in the run in also looks daunting.
What happens after our Europa League games?
Our continued participation in the Europa League means we can be sure of lots of Thursday and Sunday fixtures. Here’s who we face after each of our group games.
EL Matchday 1 – 19 September 2019
(H) Aston Villa
EL Matchday 2 – 3 October 2019
EL Matchday 3 – 24 October 2019
(H) Crystal Palace
EL Matchday 4 – 7 November 2019
EL Matchday 5 – 28 November 2019
EL Matchday 6 – 12 December 2019
(H) Manchester City