Arsenal’s Europa League fixtures confirmed

Earlier this afternoon Arsenal were drawn against German side Frankfurt, Belgium’s Standard Liege and Portuguese outfit Vitoria in the group stages of this season’s Europa League.

The times and dates of the Group F fixtures have now been confirmed.

As a result of two other geographically close Portuguese sides, Porto and Braga, being in the Europa League, it has been decided that Vitoria must play all their home games on a Wednesday. As a result, we’re facing them on 6 November (instead of Thursday 7 November) with an earlier kick-off.

Frankfurt vs Arsenal 19 September 17:55
Arsenal vs Standard Liege 3 October 20:00
Arsenal vs Vitoria 24 October 20:00
Vitoria vs Arsenal 6 November 15:50
Arsenal vs Frankfurt 28 November 20:00
Standard Liege vs Arsenal 12 December 17:55

All times BST/GMT.

Man Manny
Man Manny

It would be nice if we get the job done by 28th November and then play the second string side on the 12 of December.
We host City on the 15th.

Scott P
Scott P

Well, I guess we got out of 1/6 of the Thursday-Sunday routine

Forest gooner
Forest gooner
Reply to  Scott P

There are knockouts also

HelderHughes
HelderHughes

I’m going to say the same thing my sister shouted at me after I had a six hour fifa session at my nephews 5th birthday party.

Only the kids play!

Ourchildrensworld
Reply to  HelderHughes

Brilliant!

aberinkula
aberinkula

Wednesdays, baby! Back in the game.

PeteyB
PeteyB
Reply to  aberinkula

Nice early kick off will suit those of us living to the east. 8pm kick offs are far past my bed time!
It’s a pretty nice draw in terms of travel for the team, and those in the UK planning to make the trip. I doubt any are more than a couple of hours flying from London, having no lengthy journeys to Eastern European backwaters should be beneficial for the team.

HelderHughes
HelderHughes
Reply to  PeteyB

East London has a different time zone?

Sue
Sue

Urgh i hope this will be the last time we’re in EL… thursday nights are meant for darts, not football!

I'mHere
I'mHere
Reply to  Sue

I guess the people who downvoted would rather Arsenal stay in the europa league than champions league

Richie

The Vitoria game moving to Wednesday is probably good news for us as we have a tricky trip to Leicester the following weekend. Hopefully we have qualification secured before matchday 6 as we have Manchester City that following weekend.

Jack
Jack

3.50pm? Are you having a laff?

Robert Ball
Robert Ball

Can anyone 100% confirm that the Vitoria game is on the Wednesday at 3.50pm, cos I’ve already booked flights Tuesday to Thursday and am currently having kittens ??‍♂️

Richie
Reply to  Robert Ball

Check uefa.com for confirmation. It’s a small stadium though, 15,000 odd, might be a scramble for tickets.

Martin
Martin
Reply to  Robert Ball

Yes it’s true. Blog explains why

Come on, not belittling any team but if we can’t get pass these teams… Please get us out of this competition. Again same fans who preferred Wenger not finish in top 4 …be careful for what you wish for. That top 4 trophy Wenger was talking about come back to bite us. 3 seasons now in europa. It isn’t as easy as many took for granted qualifying year in year out for so many seasons like Wenger did, particularly in the austerity years. “I don’t mind anything to Wenger they said.” Granted Wenger had flaws but a bit of humility… Read more »

James
James
Reply to  Santori

Wenger never had to face Spurs and City getting their shot together for long. When they did he finished his last two years out of CL, he didn’t look like he was getting us back in fast either. So stop banging on like he could guarantee it in this competitive climate English football is now in.

Pakgooner
Pakgooner

Where can I purchase a ticket for the Frankfurt Arsenal europa game?

Richie
Reply to  Pakgooner
thankyou22
thankyou22
Reply to  Richie

The match isn’t listed there.

Ourchildrensworld

A Europe group where I’ve heard of all 3 teams for once!

Win,lose or draw Emery remains the wrong choice
Win,lose or draw Emery remains the wrong choice

We could be playing with fire if we decide to use alot of our youngsters in this group….this is a tough tricky group

Nosferatu
Nosferatu

I’ll take those chances. Plus, some of these kids won’t be as inexperienced as in the past, and they’ll be (I hope) pretty determined to give Emery some selection headaches going forward–I’m thinking especially of guys like Nketiah, Nelson, Willock, Saka, maybe even Smith-Rowe and, once Bellerin’s back, Maitland-Niles. On top of that there will be inevitable veterans getting chances–probably guys like Micki and maybe Ozil, Kolasinac and some experienced central defenders. Hell, if Emery actually does put out a group like that, I’m really going to be looking forward to these games–they could be a lot of fun, even… Read more »

Deo
Deo

I might actually get to watch one match which is decent for my timezone. I have to admit, struggled to motivate myself to stay up late and watch the last two years.