Proud captain Aubameyang calls for togetherness

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will lead Arsenal out at the Emirates today, wearing the captains armband and hoping to do his part to lead the team to a much needed victory.

The Gabon international took over from Granit Xhaka after the Swiss midfielder’s outburst during the Crystal Palace game, and had words of support for his predecessor, as well as a call for support from Gunners fans.

Speaking in his programme notes, the striker said, “I took over from Granit in tough circumstances but I am very proud to be wearing the armband. It is an honour.

“It comes with a lot of responsibilities but I feel I can do a great job. Arsenal has a great history of wonderful captains like Patrick Vieira and Tony Adams.

“It is a privilege to follow in their footsteps and I will honour the armband by doing my very best on and off the pitch.”

He also touched on recent events, after what has been a problematic for the team on and off the pitch.

“I would like to also say a word for Granit. I understand that sometimes one can make mistakes. It happens to all of us. Granit is one of us.

“We are all here for him and I know how strong he is. It was tough to see all of this happening but we need to move forward together.

“This is my message for you Arsenal fans. We need you. You are amazing, your support is amazing and we need to all pull in the same direction.

“I really hope you will be massively behind us today and for the rest of the season.”

via @Charles_Watts

HelderHughes
HelderHughes

Bellerin, Xhaka, Emery and now Auba call for togetherness.

For once in Arsenal fans history, I think we are all together.

Dave M
Dave M
Reply to  HelderHughes

I’d said the players have been quite together on their togetherness for sometime. Now if only they would get together on (1) forcing this clown of a manager out, and (2) getting some positive results. Get it done guys, hopefully together…

HelderHughes
HelderHughes
Reply to  Dave M

Things for me have never been clearer.

I definitely want the manager to leave.
I definitely think Sp*rs have zero redeeming features.
And I definitely think blogs is a journalistic miracle as he manages to write his football articles all by himself.

Dave M
Dave M
Reply to  HelderHughes

We are completely together on this @HelderHughes. This all now feels so much better that we are together, I’m so overwhelmed with joy…I finally see what the players are talking about, for too long we have all cared about our team winning when all that matters is that the players feel happy that we the fans are together in our support of them no matter how they act or the results they produce!

Can I get a Hallelujah!

Me2
Me2
Reply to  HelderHughes

What is the point in getting behind them?
If you get behind them they are incomeptent if you don’t they are incompetent.
And they are losing 2-1 at home to a team that got thumped 9-0.
This is a crisis caused by a moronic, incompetent fool who is completely out of his class.
If Emery had any professional pride – any pride at all he would leave. He has no support so whats the point?

Bob's Mexican Cousin
Bob's Mexican Cousin

Please break the Captain’s course auba!

Heavy Gunner
Heavy Gunner

Oh well- let’s do it then!! Everybody sing : All together now- all together now– ad lib – just like The Beatles.. Maybe if the team told Emery to stick it up there where the sun don’t shine and play the way they should know, as proff footballers- win games- uprising against a clueless ‘head coach’..

Upamecano but downalego
Upamecano but downalego

Slightly off-topic but given Aubameyang speaking of the pride he feels to wear the armband, it just made me feel that there really ARE leaders in our team. This ‘confidence’, ‘crisis’, ‘noise’ etc dilemma we keep getting fed is just utter waffle because they’re already being ‘together’ with the manager and ignoring the sense in the supporters, sure there’s question marks over what the real opinion of Emery is in the dressing room but generally speaking what we read is all largely defending the boss. Honestly, if I was poorly coaching the team of talent that we have, and they… Read more »

Oregoon

Talk is cheap. A hard nosed, fast moving, and together Arsenal would be a good place to break out of this malaise. Playing for your teammates is not a revolutionary idea, Auba. Let’s see what you got.

Me2
Me2

2-1 down.
Brilliant.
If that moron is still in post on Monday morning then Josh Kroenke and his old man should sell up as soon as possible.
As for Aubameyang there is NOTHING for any decent player at Arsenal
Absolutely fucking nothing…

Me2
Me2

Arsenal simply did not deserve that equaliser.
Arsenal are garbage simple as.
And if Emery celebrates this as some kind of victory then its a disgrace – and if Kroenke and his ass kissing cronies do not sack this Emery then its even worse for Arsenal.
I have nothing personal against Emery but it is clear the man is clueless and this is a billion pound club. Its been eighteen months and Arsenal have less than they had with Wenger – no club philosophy, no fight, no cohesion and the fans are against the manager.
Arsenal are in desperate trouble…..