A significant number of Arsenal season ticket holders are yet to download their updated digital passes ahead of the opening game of the season against Nottingham Forest.
The news comes from Darren Epstein, the elected Gold Member Group representative on the Fans’ Forum and has been backed up by The Arsenal Supporters’ Trust who have said there are “a few thousand still to go”.
The concern is that people arriving at Emirates Stadium on Saturday without the correct ticket displaying on their smart phone, will not be able to gain entry and could cause big queues that lead to people missing the start of the game.
Arsenal have emailed season ticket holders to remind them about the need to download / update to new digital passes on a couple of occasions in the last few weeks. However, we’re not sure they’ve underlined just how urgent it is that people check.
Speaking from personal experience, my parents told me their Forest ticket was showing on their phone…and it was, but incorrectly.
They were seeing the ticket on the left. The darker red ticket on the right is the correct version (for iOS). Design varies slightly for Android.
In a video for season ticket holders, the club explains the ticket update process as follows:
“If you haven’t already, just download it from the latest version of the Arsenal Official App. Add your pass directly to your phone’s wallet BEFORE you come to the stadium. Then open your digital pass in your wallet just before you get to the turnstile and hold the back of your phone against the NFC icon at the top of the turnstile reader, wait for the turnstile to respond and you’re in.”
They also remind fans to bring photo ID, just in case your battery goes flat. Bear in mind, screenshots of tickets will no longer work.
Other things worth bearing in mind:
- If you’re bringing kids and you have their passes on your phone, scan them through the turnstile before going in yourself.
- If you’re a disabled supporter with an assistant, you’ll be able to have both tickets on the same smart phone.
Arsenal have also provided the following handy links. We suggest you give them a read in case you have any doubts about what you’re doing.
- How to download your digital pass
- Book a digital pass drop-in session being held on Thursday 10th August, 4pm-7pm
They have also shared the following additional information for season ticket holders. Again, worth a read.
- Check what games are included in your Season Ticket this season
- Read about Season Ticket Utilisation and ensure you know how to check your attendance badges and trophies
- Find out how to use Ticket Transfer to share your Season Ticket with friends & family
- Learn how Ticket Exchange works, which is now free to use for Season Ticket Holders
Some people are bound to have questions about the above, if that is the case, we suggest you refer to these FAQs or speak to the club directly. Unfortunately, we’re not experts, so we can’t field questions!