Leipzig have signed Emile Smith Rowe on loan for the rest of the season.

The 18-year-old midfielder moves to Germany with six appearances and three goals under his belt in an impressive first half of the season at the Emirates.

Emile, who came through the Hale End academy, committed his long-term future to the club in July and is expected to return to London in the summer.

Leipzig, coacheed by Ralf Rangnick and with Timo Werner up front, are currently fourth in the Bundesliga and challenging for a Champions League place.

We’ll be keeping a keen eye on Emile’s progress in the coming months, obviously, Reiss Nelson has set the bar high for Arsenal kids abroad.

He’ll wear the number 18 short for his new club.

Best of luck Emile.

my name is bob
my name is bob
1 year ago

Best of luck to Emile, hopefully Leipzig actually play him and he’ll gain some valuable experience for our title push next season!

(hey, I’m allowed to be optimistic!)

Red-Sky
Red-Sky
Reply to  my name is bob

yeh, that or he and the others gain some valuable experience and we can sell them for some profit.
(hey, I’m allowed to be pragmatist!).

Adrian
Adrian
Reply to  Red-Sky

Hey, I’m allowed to down vote

ClockEndRider
ClockEndRider
Reply to  Red-Sky

The player has a great opportunity to make it at Arsenal, aided by him getting serious minutes in a decent league. In the event that he doesn’t make it at Arsenal, selling him at a profit is exactly what we should do. And the world turns….

Gooooooonnnnaaaaaaaa
Gooooooonnnnaaaaaaaa
Reply to  my name is bob

Shows character to have the courage to get out of his comfort zone and try something new. Smart move from our end tbh because he seemed to be growing game by game playing senior football and he probably wasn’t going to get much game time at Arsenal till the end of the season.

Regardless to how the loan turns out, experiencing a different culture and playing senior football in a different league can only be benificial. Not to mention RB Leipzig have a philosophy of playing youngsters. Good luck to him, excited to see how he gets on!

AmericanGooner
AmericanGooner

Go on, son!

bendtnerschristmastree
bendtnerschristmastree
1 year ago

Hopefully he can have the same impact Ademola Lookman had for them last season.

Goonerink
1 year ago

this is good news for both of them, shame we wont get to see him for us again this season though.
However I also assume a team pushing the top of the bundesliega sees what dortmund and others are doing with their english starlets and will give ESR minutes.

Badaab
Badaab
1 year ago

Good luck to him, but it feels a little like him moving was a consequence of the loan for suarez (which I am underwhelmed by).

Hantal
Hantal
1 year ago

I’d rather have kept (and used) him instead of signing Suarez but there we go

James
James
1 year ago

If they are pushing for top 4 and only just in it I hope they use him and he gets games. Too easy to play it safe when so much is at stake.

Man Manny
Man Manny
1 year ago

Bundesliga: the new home for upcoming stars. I wish him well.

Mayor McCheese
Mayor McCheese
1 year ago

I was hoping for a transfer deadline live blog, just to watch with sadistic fascination the timeline of a man slowly losing grip on reality through sheer boredom and multiple bourbons.

Goonerink
Reply to  Mayor McCheese

There was….

Chiza
Chiza
1 year ago

Looking forward to hoffenheim Vs liepzig(Nelson Vs ESR)

Rob67
Rob67
1 year ago

He’s one of the best young players I’ve seen come through our ranks in years. Let’s hope he does good in Leipzig ; learns a lot ; and stays injury free.

Ronny
Ronny

Denis Bergkamp + Luis Suarez= Denis Suarez

If only it were true. 🙁

DB’s first touch
DB’s first touch
Reply to  Ronny

Not only is he the wrong Suarez, he is also one n short of being the right Dennis. But, let’s judge him on his own merits… hopefully he turns out to be the right player for Unai and The Arsenal

Jack but
Jack but
1 year ago

Can’t wait to see the lad kicking ass

Arseman
Arseman
1 year ago

Many if the promising Arsenal kids are being sent to Germany to become better. Now my work is sending me to Germany too! I might actually get to see Reiss and Emile play! I’ve never have a chance to see The Arsenal play live on account of geography but I’m hoping to catch the Young guns play! I’m excited! I hope they do exceedingly well!

George
George
1 year ago

Fair enough, just so long as he gets a fair crack at it here next season.